CCRMA: Designing for Physical Interactions

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This looks like fun! I've seen Sasah lead this before and am surprised that she's coming back from NZ.

Mr. Linn, have you thought of doing a double header with Romain? The work they've done on bare metal Faust is really surprising, and a workshop to build stand alone MPE synths combining your class and his might be fun.

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/workshops/de ... teractions

( excerpt from workshop description [SIC]: Alongside physical interaction design, the workshop integrates programming, electronics, audio, and interactive music. Participants will learn how to use some of the basic tools of Maker community, including the Arduino platform, sensor technologies, communication with MIDI and Open Sound Control (OSC), and physical interface design.

The workshop will cover industry-standard resistive, force-sensitive, capacitative, optical, ultrasound, magnetic, and acceleration sensors. We will also teach participants how to make their own sensors with custom geometries constructed out of materials such as conductive fabric, copper tape, piezoelectrics and everyday objects.

Women in Music Scholarship
There will be a Women in Music scholarship available for this workshop. Details to be posted soon. Please check back soon and/or email Sasha (sleitman@gmail.com) and we will notify you when the application for this scholarhsip is up. )

Yes, I'm looking forward to teaching the class with Sasha this June.
And regarding Romain Michon's class, I've given two talks to that class so far and am helping with the final presentations this Wednesday evening. There are some very creative students there.
Speaking of Stanford, Ge Wang and I were judges at the Guthman Musical Instrument competition this past weekend, which was a blast:
https://guthman.gatech.edu/2019-guthman-finalists

Music 250a or his summer workshops? I'm guessing 250a: I was thinking about this workshop actually. Have fun with the final presentations, I'm a fan of Romain and what he brings out in his students.

The Guthman collection of instruments is amazing! thanks. Did the judging involve performances? I'll have to google-fu up.

I've seen Rodrigo play the Arcontinuo - the essence of that form is really appealing in its simplicity.

I'm helping with Romain's class tonight, and I'm co-teaching Sasha's class in June.

Yes, all instruments in the Guthman competition required performances.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”