Music and the Music Industry: Career or passionate hobby?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BobDog wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:55 pm My Grandad used to say "Nothing worth doing is easy".
I say, why use the door when you can go head first through the brick side wall?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

BobDog wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:24 pm The linnstrument is pretty good for his sort of thing (channel per row), but does fall down with the two handed finger/four finger tapping type of stuff that he does, not handling 4 notes in a rectangle is the killer.
Oh hey, here's a little fun fact that I forgot to mention: That talent show I won, that led to my first paid gig, the song I performed was Satriani's "The Forgotten (Part 1 & 2)"... So, ya, four-finger tapping and I go way back (grin).

Cheers!

One of my favourites :)
Bitwig, against the constitution.

If at first you don't succeed....

...than skydiving's not your thing! :wink:
Duality without regard to physicality

BobDog wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:24 pm The linnstrument is pretty good for his sort of thing (channel per row), but does fall down with the two handed finger/four finger tapping type of stuff that he does, not handling 4 notes in a rectangle is the killer.
Adaption is what you make of it.
You could set up the linnstrument for channel per row and set the channels to mono... (adaption)
Or you could go into a different direction and learn to play harmonies using notes of a given row (string) Or you could learn to do both and switch between them
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

I do use mono synths per channel with channel per row for this.

I was talking about 4 finger tapping, where you would set up the mono synths legato env retrig to emulate the hammer on/pull offs, if you are playing 4 finger hammer on pull/offs that form a rectangle it doesn't work, I cannot see an adaption to fix this but am willing to learn one?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”