What do you film with

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gentlemen,

I am almost at a point with the LinnStrument where I'd like to start filming video to (hopefully) help move units and spread the word. For those of you that film demos, what are you using for a camera and mount?

I've got the audio and film post-production on the Mac taken care of. I'm a neophyte when it comes to actual camera hardware that is most effective for YouTube resolution videos, so any/all advice is most welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!
Duality without regard to physicality

I use photo camera and mobile phone. Anything that can capture at least 1920x1080 would be sufficient. Manual control of certain parameters is always better than auto setting - namely focus and white balance.

One handy camera settings tip from Roger concerning the flickering of Linnstruments LED's:
You can avoid the video flickering by using a low video frame rate (24 or 25 fps) along with keeping the shutter open as long as possible, ideally for the entire frame. The point is to keep the shutter open as long as possible to capture the LEDs when they pulse on, which is only 1/26 of the time.
Depending on your capturing device, it is usually better to record audio separately (in DAW or HW recorder) and then sync it in video editing software. Photo cameras have usually cheap AD converters (assuming they have mic/line input) so your audio interface or recorder does better job.

48cube,

thank you for the info!

I recently purchased a Zoom Q2n, which can produce 1080p video with a really good field of view (up to 160 degree) using its fish-eye lens. I simply run a line from the audio out of my looper into the Q2n. With a 128GB SD card, you can get just over 10 hours worth of recordings in 1080p.

Thank you for the information, stuwyatt!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”