For every manufacturer not interested in MPE, there's at least one who is...

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Even though Sugar Bytes disregard of MPE was mind-numbing (imagine, Aparillo or Obscurium, truly expressive) I also use a lot of Rob Papen's plugins. Predator, Blue, RAW, etc. All of which would benefit from MPE.

I reached out to Rob Papen earlier today and they were extremely interested in and supportive of adding MPE.

Score "1" for the home team! :)
Duality without regard to physicality

Rob Papen's stuff would be indeed great with MPE support! Thanks for your initiative!

No problem! What's good for the whole, is good for me.

To be honest, though I usually always ask any vendor for MPE support, if its not there and the sounds are to good to be skipped, I set up my own MPE allocation in Bitwig. Its a hassle, but not really that difficult. It probably eats also more memory and CPU resources...
There are some smaller developers who are certainly interested, but they hesitate for the risk that implementing it could break a stable system at some unexpected points. I think they would immediately want to have MPE if they had a personal experience with an expressive controller. Smaller devs often start out to code something they want to use themself...

Obviously there are also devs who think its a marketing idea to declare support for MPE, but they actually don't care as its my experience with Initial Audio. They advertise MPE support which is completely broken and are not willing to fix it. They do not have even a Seaboard Block to test, when I complained, they even never have heard about the LinnStrument. I proposed to come by and show the problem (they are as well in Berlin) but there was and is less than zero interest to tackle it...

MPE is the future and the future is now.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”