Modor nf1m MPE integration

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone used this with the Linnstrument? It is MPE capable although I'm not sure of the integration really: Individual note slides are ok but if I'm using the wires (modulation matrix) to send y axis info to filter cutoff it is glitchy; the filter modulation seems to glitch between what it is reading on either finger.

If anyone has any ideas/experiences then let me know...

Solved - seems y axis data for each channel is on cc74, so setting the Linnstrument to that and using the 'slide' setting in the nf1m's mod matrix does MPE proper. Super!

Hi t-IB,

CC74 is the standard message used for sending Y-axis data. LinnStrument sends y-axis data over CC74 by default, and also when MPE mode is invoked by holding the Channel Per Note button. This is explained in the Getting Started page. If you’d like to learn more about MPE, please visit the “What is MPE?” page, accessed from the LinnStrument Support page.

Cheers Roger, I was confused as I do a workaround for MPE on the xpander involving cc1 and then couldn't figure out how cc74 related to the mod matrix in the nf1m. Sorted now though, thanks for the help and happy Christmas to you!

Be worth adding the modor to the list of me capable synths Roger - it's very capable!
Last edited by t-IB on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Modor's on his list already, on the Hardware tab.

Ah OK, been a while...

Return to “Roger Linn Design”