Arturia Pigments new soft synth (free trial download available)

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know that this software is not MPE capable, but just downloaded it, and WOW, best soft synth of all the Arturia synths (IMO). I went to the Keys section, and went though some of the preset sounds, without any modification they sound great (at least to my deaf ears). You can download it as a trial. Not trying to sell it, but this one stimulates ideas and I have never been impressed by soft synths until I tried this one, I much prefer hardware synths.

Nice to hear. My experience with Arturia is that they are not that interested in MPE but I might be wrong

Nice mod system... too bad it is not supporting MPE at all

It's a deceptively complex synth that looks simple with a very well designed UI and also sounds very good.

I think the problem with MPE is that 99.98% of the Arturia customers are not interested in it, it doesn't support poly aftertouch either which I guess would be the same percentage.

MPE was pushed for in the testing stage.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Arturia is assuming that 99,98 percent are not interested. Some other vendors think along the same lines only looking at their existing customer base...
What they don‘t get is the other way around. There are enough users of expressive controllers now who all would be interested in more MPE capable synths. They count up in enough potential to justify the comparable little effort to implement it... They would get more sales...
They already lost my upgrade, and I don‘t even download the demo for that reason alone...

I tried the demo... but MPE support might have caused me to purchase it.

Fortunately, Hive now has solid MPE support and great wavetable capability!!

We have to start a Hive vs. Pigment thread in instruments now! :D

I think it has MPE now?

No, just poly aftertouch.

Fingers crossed for MPE in the future...
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Fingers-crossed here as well as it's a very user-friendly GUI and powerful.

Do you guys like the Wolfgang Palm stuff? I've had WaveMapper and WaveGenerator forever. Neither are the most user-friendly to program, but they both work with my Seaboard just fine. I'm planning on trying them both out with the LinnStrument as soon as get it (later today). Fingers-crossed.
Duality without regard to physicality

Infinte on my iPad is one of my favorites with the LinnStrument.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”