Wizdom iOS instruments

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edited Dec. 11:
Never mind, some settings were screwy on my LinnStrument. GeoGhred and SampleWiz both work fine in MPE mode.
Last edited by rlauriston on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One option is to set LinnStrument’s Bend Range to 48, by holding the “+/-24” button and swiping right to show 48. The official MPE spec states 48 as the default MPE bend range, so there are some MPE synths that only support 48.

Tried that, no change in the Geo Shred's response, still 50 cents per step.

It won’t change anything in GeoShred. It is matching what you say GeoShred’s bend range is set to.

Neither GeoShred nor SampleWiz seems to pay any attention to the LinnStrument's bend range setting. It's like they're hard-coded to 50 cents per step.

I think this LinnStrument might be defective. Since the bend range setting seemed to be having no effect I reset to factory defaults and then forced MPE settings. Animoog, which I believe used to work fine with those settings, is doing just 50 cents per half-step.

I figured I might as well try an OS upgrade to 2.2.1. It completed without errors, but then it gave me a message to calibrate the LinnStrument, which was showing four blue horizontal lines. The iPad no longer sees it as a MIDI device. It sees other MIDI devices.

I just ordered a new five-octave LinnStrument so I'll be able to tell if the issue is in the controller or the software.

Kind of an expensive way to troubleshoot but I was planning to upgrade and sell the 128 anyway.

That makes no sense whatsoever. There is nothing wrong with your LinnStrument so cancel the order. Simply use LinnStrument with the including Bitwig sounds, which will prove its working fine. It is impossible for a software feature to work on one hardware unit and not another. The problem is that you don’t understand a setting mismatch between LinnStrument and your chosen synth. Why don’t you simply contact me at the support email?

It's not working with the Mac, either. The Calibrate button is red. I'll email you.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”