Playtesting the Linnstrument

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am living in Holland, one of the most progressive countries
But the only linnstrument dealer doesnt even have the instrument on display
You can only have it backordered..

Now i am really interested in the Linnstrument
But will not spend this kind of money witouth toroughly playtesting the linnstrument..

So why do we see a seaboard in almost ever other music shop in Holand
And is the linnstruemnt nearly non excistant.

While he linnstrument seems to be an instrument that a new generation of musicians could use to identify themselves.. its size and funtionallity are perfect to combine with an ipad.. and controll both a live performance on beamaker 3 as well as play a lead at the same time.

Yet again, they are no where to be found and tested, its sad to see another inventive idea loose because of not being marketed in the right way..

Hi Sjefke,

One good reason you don't see LinnStrument in so many stores is because Roli has about $75 million in investment and around 140 employees, while I have no investment and 0 employees. :)

I wish I could force stores to buy LinnStrument but in the internet era, few independent stores remain and those that do tend to carry mostly lower-cost commodity items because customers often visit a store to try out an expensive item, then buy it online at discount.

However, don't despair. Please email me at support@rogerlinndesign.com with your city of residence. With over 1700 LinnStrument owners in the world, it is likely that one of them lives in or near your city and will be happy to show you his. There are 28 LinnStrument owners in Netherlands, 7 of which are in Amsterdam.

Sjefke wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 pm I am living in Holland, one of the most progressive countries

But will not spend this kind of money witouth toroughly playtesting the linnstrument..

While he linnstrument seems to be an instrument that a new generation of musicians could use to identify themselves.. its size and funtionallity are perfect to combine with an ipad.. and controll both a live performance on beamaker 3 as well as play a lead at the same time.

Yet again, they are no where to be found and tested, its sad to see another inventive idea loose because of not being marketed in the right way..

What a remarkably presumptuous, argumentative, backhanded, and ill-informed post. And yet Roger Linn, the benevolent fellow that he is, will likely be along any minute now to politely explain to you what it means to be a one-man, independent inventor, manufacturer, and distributer of ground-breaking new instruments on a global scale, and no doubt offer you a solution as to how you might get your hands on a LinnStrument to try it.

It's not uncommon, for instance, for Roger to reach out to the LinnStrument community to find someone in your area who might generously let you try their LinnStrument; but I can tell you right now, if that person were me, given your attitude, you'd be shit out of luck. Frankly, I personally don't think you deserve a response at all.

Cheers!

*Edit: And there you have it, he even beat me to it (wink).

Now now, John. We don’t want to scare the gentleman away. :)

I think Sjefke makes a valid point. In an era where companies often don’t care about their customers, it can seem arrogant to sell a product at what initially appears to be a high price, and to do so without local representation.

Sjefke— if you have any questions, I’m happy to help either by email or by phone to +1 (510) 666-6930.

Aye aye, sir, my apologies. It's just that, you know, Trump's in the White House, Trudeau's bailing-out Big Oil with our money, Facebook's undermining Democracy the world over, Putin, the Kardashians, this guy trying to tell you how to run your business...

Something's gotta give.

But I digress. Here's hoping you get him all sorted out. Good will, one and all.

Cheers!

Thanks, John, and no worries.

John the Savage wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:59 pm
Sjefke wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 pm I am living in Holland, one of the most progressive countries

What a remarkably presumptuous, argumentative, backhanded, and ill-informed post. And yet Roger Linn, the benevolent fellow that he is, will likely be along any minute now to politely explain to you what it means to be a one-man, independent inventor, manufacturer, and distributer of ground-breaking new instruments on a global scale, and no doubt offer you a solution as to how you might get your hands on a LinnStrument to try it.

It's not uncommon, for instance, for Roger to reach out to the LinnStrument community to find someone in your area who might generously let you try their LinnStrument; but I can tell you right now, if that person were me, given your attitude, you'd be shit out of luck. Frankly, I personally don't think you deserve a response at all.

Cheers!

*Edit: And there you have it, he even beat me to it (wink).
First let me get this out of the world..
I am not natively english..
So if my post was a little harsh, no offence meant to Roger Linn..

I have been browsing the internet on the linnstrument for quite a few now, and indeed noticed the incredible support he offers to his customers, his comment on this topic is further proof of this.

But marketing, is more then just good service. If the product is as good and innovative as i expect it to be, then it deserves much more attention then it currently gets. Because in my old eyes i can see a huge market for the product. Its small and its versatile, and could be the perfect tool many younger (ipad) musicians that want to differentiate from the horde. But it doesnt seem linnstrument has found its way to them yet.

With the current situation as described, it seems that only the community promoting the linnstrument more openly could be an answer to get a bigger audience for the linnstrument..barking at people that have an interest in the instruemn tlike you just did, doesnt help Rogen Linn or the Linstrumen as it is. But no hard feelings from my side..

If i like the linnstrument when i finally get my hands on it, i will definately put word out on all the diverse musician forums i tend to visit and offcourse my local music scene.

Roger_Linn wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:56 pm Hi Sjefke,

One good reason you don't see LinnStrument in so many stores is because Roli has about $75 million in investment and around 140 employees, while I have no investment and 0 employees. :)

I wish I could force stores to buy LinnStrument but in the internet era, few independent stores remain and those that do tend to carry mostly lower-cost commodity items because customers often visit a store to try out an expensive item, then buy it online at discount.

However, don't despair. Please email me at support@rogerlinndesign.com with your city of residence. With over 1700 LinnStrument owners in the world, it is likely that one of them lives in or near your city and will be happy to show you his. There are 28 LinnStrument owners in Netherlands, 7 of which are in Amsterdam.
Thank you for your reaction Roger.
I can see how Roli is a much larger company.
Which offers different doors and options to them.

i definately hope you will be able,to open some of those doors in the future yourself, one would hope the name Roger Linn itselves would open some of them doors.

I think its fantastic that you applaud the other instruments in this range instead of saying how the linnstrument is better, i can only see you comment how the linnstrument is different from them. which i can really appreciate. It shows what kind of man you are and that your personal interest in the product and MPE as a standard is far bigger then only a financial one.

Now i am only a home musician, that uses music as a stress relieve vessel. So nothing special there. But i want to take you up on your offer of setting up a meeting with a linnstrument owner in the netherlands. Which is much more then i expected when i posted here. So i will send you a mail soon.

thank you..

Thank you for your kind words, Sjefke. I actually enjoy having a small one-person company. I enjoy focusing on making my instruments rather than sales or finance or legal issues. And I enjoy chatting with LinnStrument owners, who it turns out are very smart and good people. And I enjoy not being forced by high expenses to make choices I might make if my company were larger. In the words of the author E.F. Schumacher, “Small is Beautiful”.

I look forward to your email.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”