Bitwig studio 8-track pitch bend

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying Bitwig and the Linnstrument with Aalto.

My Aalto patch has pitch bend range of 12, the same settings in the Linnstrument.
Bitwig's settings are the same as P. Bend -> Expression in the Instrument Track. See attached picture.

However a pitch bend of 12 semitones only gives me actually 3. These settings worked well in logic.

Testing another instrument (FM4) I see that pitch bend work as expected. Is this a problem of Bitwig, of Aalto or am I doing anything wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That setting will set the PB range on the linnstrument to 12.

By default bitwig expects everything to be 48, you can change this in the mpe settings of the track.

Or just set the PB range in the image to 48 and everything will work. 12*4 = 48, 3*4 = 12.

Or just stop using bitwig.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Just leave the Linnstrument Controller PB range at default 24... You never need to adjust that.

If your instrument is set to 12, then in the Bitwig track inspector for that instrument set it to 12

I was giving bitwig another chance. Messing with it in the past I got annoying reminders all the time to upgrade from 8-track.

I get best results in sound with Aalto at PB 12 and have been playing around in Logic without problems.
BobDog wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:46 pm Or just stop using bitwig.
Yep

tiantong wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:43 pm
I get best results in sound with Aalto at PB 12 and have been playing around in Logic without problems.
Easy to do in Bitwig too... as I described above

pdxindy, thanks for the reply. I'll try that as soon as I get some time.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”