Bitwig Split Two Instruments [Resolved]

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello!

I searched around online and in this forum for some help, but didn't find anything so I'm creating this new topic.

I'm trying to use the Linnstrument's two splits to control two different Bitwig instruments/synths. Unfortunately, I can't make it happen. For each instrument in Bitwig, I can select which controller to listen to for midi input, but, the only option is just the Linnstrument. There's not a Linnstrument-Split1 or Split2 device so either split on the controller plays both Bitwig instruments.

I found this pair of Bitwig controller scripts: https://github.com/Isabello/linnstrument-split (https://github.com/Isabello/linnstrument-split)

But that didn't work either. I could set each Bitwig instrument to listen to the Left or Right split, but I never got it to respond and actually play the notes.

Has anyone got the split mode to work in Bitwig? Got any tips for a new owner?

Thanks!
Last edited by skidd0 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can add a "Channel-Filter" plugin before each bitwig plugin. Select the channels chosen for the particular split and it should work.

Okay I've added the channel filter but the Linnstrument's second split seems to still be sending midi over the same channel as split 1 despite being set to send midi on a different channel.

I've gone into Per-Split Settings and made sure that both are in One Channel midi mode and that the first split is on channel one while the second split is on channel 16. Still, both splits are sending to channel 1.

You have to check in the track inspector that its set to midi channel ‚all to same‘. The default is ‚all to 1‘, and then MPE would do its own allocation with round robins...

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:08 am You have to check in the track inspector that its set to midi channel ‚all to same‘. The default is ‚all to 1‘, and then MPE would do its own allocation with round robins...
Thank you! This resolved the issue.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”