Linnstrument firmware: possible to shape attack with pressure?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@NothanUmber Did you ever look at modifying the code to get this going?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

BobDog wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:01 pm @NothanUmber Did you ever look at modifying the code to get this going?
Started to walk through the source code two month ago.
Not started any concrete coding yet to be honest (also want to make sure not to "mess up" my instrument. Probably getting an Arduino Mega board just to play around would be a good first step).
But it isn't forgotten and still on my list of interesting things to look into... :)

Thanks for the info, I have my ConinuuMini now so may have a look at the code as well if I can get some time.

I will let you know how it goes...
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Great! Mine is scheduled for April at the earliest. Looking forward to your findings!

I've been experimenting with using pressure as an envelope. E.g. a Minimoog Model D patch with attack 0, sustain 10, decay 0, pressure modulating loudness, velocity disabled. If I touch a note gently enough that there's no sound and gradually press it harder, I get a very gradual attack. I find it hard to control smoothly, though. My fingers just aren't steady enough, even with pressure sensitivity set to low on the LinnStrument.

Welcome to the present meeting the past. Ideally, you’d want to slew the pressure changes in other words slow it down to smooth out the movements until you’ve learned better how to control loudness gradually. Until then, by its vary nature pressure cannot control attack because it is a continuous signal. But veloctity can in many synths.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”