Roli Lightpad Block M cause stuck notes on Linnstrument

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently bought a Roli Roli Lightpad Block M to use as an additional controller while playing my Linnstrument. If you configure the Block as a 'Rise controller' in Roli's dashboard then you have easy access to the additional 3 slider controls and the XY pad like those on the Seaboard which I hoped would be allow more parameter control while playing Roli's Equator and FXpansion Strobe and Cypher..

It seems to works great...Except for one problem.

If I touch the Block to make adjmustments while I'm playing one or more notes on the Linnstrument, then the notes on the Linnstrument become stuck on ( and the LED's remain lit in the highlight colour).

I can see that the lightpad is optputting some SysEx messages in addition to the CC's id expect from the XY pad.

22:22:07.973 From Lightpad BLOCK SysEx Unknown Manufacturer 23 bytes
22:22:07.974 From Lightpad BLOCK Control 1 Controller 113 39
22:22:07.974 From Lightpad BLOCK Control 1 Controller 114 39
22:22:08.882 From Lightpad BLOCK SysEx Unknown Manufacturer 15 bytes

Has anyone had any experience of this problem, and if so is there a workaround/solution?

Thanks in advance for any help !

You have two controllers sending MIDI data to your computer: LinnStrument and LightPad Block. Because they are both going to your computer, it is impossible for one to have any effect on the other. Given that you say the LinnStrument's note pads are lighting when you press your LightPad, your software application must be rerouting the LightPad's Note On messages back to the LinnStrument, causing some note pads to light. The solution is to stop your software application from rerouting LightPad's messages back to LinnStrument.

Thanks Roger.

The problem was caused by a pesky scripter script in Mainstage that was routing Midi CCs from the Lightpad to the Linnstrument. Problem now fixed :-)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”