Version 2.2.1 bug-fix update released

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/bGw8HJk82Ng
Here’s a little video...I’m sending out cc1 .

Are you saying that all lights on the Low Row are off, or that all lights on the Low Row are on?

If the latter, that means that CC=1 is set to HOLD mode instead of fader mode. This is one of the hidden settings accessed by holding CC=1.

If the former, could you please email a brief video demonstrating the problem to me at the support address? Or in case you're not sure what you've setting incorrectly, you could also try resetting all of LinnStrument's settings to defaults:

In Global Settings, Actions column, press Notes Off + Update OS at the same time.

Roger_Linn wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:40 am Are you saying that all lights on the Low Row are off, or that all lights on the Low Row are on?

If the latter, that means that CC=1 is set to HOLD mode instead of fader mode. This is one of the hidden settings accessed by holding CC=1.

If the former, could you please email a brief video demonstrating the problem to me at the support address? Or in case you're not sure what you've setting incorrectly, you could also try resetting all of LinnStrument's settings to defaults:

In Global Settings, Actions column, press Notes Off + Update OS at the same time.
In split mode, the lighs were off (before going in and out of octave menu), not in video...but the hidden hold mode did the trick, thanks !!!

Is it possible that CC=1 was in FADER mode and that only the leftmost light was on, indicating that the fader was at the leftmost position?

it looke like it was stuck in 0 Level, and reset to full 127 after switching back and forth.
But all Is fine now :)

Sorry, in my first post above, I had only read your subsequent post but didn't see your video above it.

The problem was that you had CC=1 set to the default HOLD mode on the right split. HOLD mode is handy in the case where you wish to use your thumb movement to momentarily change a sound, then return to normal by releasing your thumb. Fader mode is more like a Mod Wheel.

Roger_Linn wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:03 am Sorry, in my first post above, I had only read your subsequent post but didn't see your video above it.

The problem was that you had CC=1 set to the default HOLD mode on the right split. HOLD mode is handy in the case where you wish to use your thumb movement to momentarily change a sound, then return to normal by releasing your thumb. Fader mode is more like a Mod Wheel.
That could indeed be very usefull, didn’t know about it before tonight.

Hi Roger,
I just updated to 2.2.1 but the updater crashed after the verification. It seems i lost all my settings and sequencer stuff. Are they lost forever? Is there a way to export the settings/sequences for backup (for the future)?
After the crash there were only blue lines on the linnstrument but after i pressed a button it went back to normal colors and it shows 2.2.1. It seems to work fine. Shall i repeat the update?
Thanks

Sorry about the problem, Piero. It may have been caused by insufficient power to LinnStrument during the update, perhaps due to a USB hub or a PC with shared power between USB ports. It’s working now, but unfortunately the Calibration and all settings have been reset to defaults, so I’m sorry to report that you’ll need to do a new Calibration as demonstrated in the video in the Panel Settings page, Global Settings tab, Actions section, Calibrate.

Unfortunately there is currently no way to backup LinnStrument’s settings.

Hi Roger,
I was connected directly into the laptop, i only had my mouse and keayboard connected via usb and another cable just plugged but going nowhere. I guess it happens :)
Initially it seem to work fine but when i was playing with the band i started to see some weird behave and i got a bit scared. But then i saw the red light in the calibration and after that everything works fine. It's really an easy procedure.
Cheers :)

If you ever see LinnStrument’s lights flashing without reason, that’s an indicator that the power source is insufficient or intermittent. A direct USB connection to the computer should be OK, but some Windows laptops unfortunately don’t provide the sustained 500 mA power to USB that they should.

Hi Roger, I just tried updating my Linnstrument 128 from my Mac (direct USB connection), running OSX Mojave, and it seems to have bricked my Linnstrument :? . There's no light coming on or anything anymore.

I followed the instructions on the website. The updater recognized the Linnstrument after I put it into update mode in the Global settings. The updater mentioned it can not download the Linnstrument's settings. So I continued with the default settings. The downloading and verification seemed to operate normally. When it finished it said to calibrate it by touching the Linnstrument along the light guides. Unfortunately,at this point the Linnstrument was completely dead.

The updater still recognizes the Linnstrument and I can still program and verify, but it does not come alive. I also tried powering the Linnstrument from my Endorphin.es Shuttle Control, but still no response.

I'm a bit at a loss, I currently have a 1000$ dollar paper weight on my hands :(.

Anything else I can try?

Hi tverscho,

Sorry about the problem. Unfortunately I don’t know who you are, your serial number or any history on the unit, so given that this is a forum for user discussions, it’s difficult to know how to help you without creating a long forum interaction about your specific issue. For support issues, please contact me at the support address and I’ll be happy to help.

Good news, it now works again. I did the firmware upgrade again from a Windows PC and that seems to have done the trick.

I need to report one bug with the current version. Scenario: have at least two synths hooked up to the LI each on different MIDI channel, have both set so the Modwheel controls cutoff so you can hear the problem. When changing the midi channel via (Per split settings page) a ghost message (CC) is sent to the old midi channel. Say you're on MIDI channel #2 and done with playing. You'd go to "Per split setting" to change from MIDI channel #2 to #3. While changing channels a ghost CC message is sent to the channel #2. I believe the LI still scans Aftertouch (pressure) or mod wheel (Y) when changing the channels. If the synth on #2 had mod wheel mapped to cutoff you'd hear that filter closes even though you DID not play any note. Let me know if you need more info

Return to “Roger Linn Design”