Version 2.2.1 bug-fix update released

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

We've just released version 2.2.1, a minor update that fixed 3 bugs found in 2.2.0. To install it, visit the LinnStrument Support page and click "Updating OS", or here's the direct link to that page:

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/ls-updat ... tware.html

- Roger

Is anyone else having issues with this update? After the update, my LinnStrument stops sending midi out after around 1 minute of being idle. I have to power it down and back up to get it working again. Any help would be appreciated.

Gil

Do you have Sleep mode turned on and set to turn on after 1 minute of no touches? If so, you can touch the surface to wake it and redisplay the lights. Or you can turn off Sleep mode in Global Settings > Power/MIDI column.

I do, but it does not come back once you touch it. That is how I have always had it set and now it does not work correctly.

I turned sleep off and it still stops working.

I tested it here and unfortunately can't reproduce the problem. Thank you for determining that it's not related to Sleep mode. To be clear, is this what you are experiencing?:

After about one minute, LinnStrument stops sending MIDI, but at no time do the lights turn off or start flickering.

Please try the following:

1) Are you using a USB hub or powering LinnStrument from an iPad? If so, LinnStrument may be getting insufficient power, either because something new is connected the hub that is drawing more of its power, or perhaps Apple's new iOS update places new limits on power to external devices. To rule this out, can you try connecting directly to your computer?

2) In case there is some setting that is causing this, would you mind performing a Reset in Global Settings? (Actions column, hold Notes Off + Update OS.)

Ok, it seems to be working again. I did several global resets to get back to this state. Also, the first time I ran the updater, it went into calibration mode at the end. I did perform the calibration, and it seems to be fine. Was that supposed to happen?

If you were updating from a much earlier software version, it is possible that it would require a Calibration. But it's hard to tell what the problem was because you didn't answer any of my questions. If you wish to trace down the cause of the Updater asking to do a Calibration, you can contact me at the normal support email.

Sorry about not answering your questions. I am using a powered USB hub that I have been using for a couple of years with no problems. The unit stays on 24/7 in sleep mode, and I have not had issues with this before.

I am not using an iOS device, this is connected to a Mac Pro.

I was updating from version 2.2.0. I keep up with every update. I just wanted to know if this was something that was part of the new updater app. I will make sure to keep an eye out for this with the next updater. Everything seems to be working for now. Thanks for your help as always.

As a precaution in future, I suggest connecting directly to your mac when doing OS updates. Hubs are a main cause of update failures. Just because you haven't have a problem updating through your hub in past doesn't mean you won't have a problem in future.

This is not a real issue, but is it possible that the PITCH QHOLD FAST and SLOW are interchanged? I slide a 5th up, using about the same speed and same amount of (low) pressure. It sounds like QHOLD SLOW rasterizes the slide to semitones much more. Whereas QHOLD FAST leaves the slide very smooth.
Especially if I "overshoot" the slide to the right edge of the pad: In QHOLD SLOW I don't hear the overshoot, the pitch seems to land perfectly on the target note. Whereas in QHOLD FAST, it's overshooting and then moving back down into the "right" pitch (can be very nice for blues).

Again, not really a problem 🙂 I just use QHOLD FAST and it feels great. I'm just interested whether it's just me or other people notice the same.

Hi declassified,
I am unable to experience the problem you're describing. Can you send me a video that demonstrates the problem? Please send it to the normal support email. Thanks.

I must admit I have never noticed much of a huge difference between the two so just tend to have them turned off as they both get in the way of slow slides.

What would be good would be the ability to set the hold time for each, allowing the user to tailor them.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

I just tested, for me like Roger they are the correct way around but the difference is quite small.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Hi, I’m still on 2.2.0 because the fixes were not relevant to me, but I’m having an issue with the bottom row modulation (cc01) having no lights on the rightside split screen.
It does do the modulation, but doesn’t show any lights to indicate the position.
Works fine on the left side.
Funny thing is when I leave split screen, and go in and out of the ‘octave transpose’ menu, the lights do appear on the second screen (which is not in split screen mode).
All lights burn, but they keep burning, and show no levels.
Hope this al make sense...

Return to “Roger Linn Design”