Custom side panels for Linnstrument 128?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

New forum member and Linnstrument 128 owner here. I'm really enjoying my Linnstrument, but I was thinking about whether it would be possible to make some custom side panels either by painting those already on (in black for instance) or by printing some new ones with a 3D printer.

I'm curious to know if anyone has done anything like that and would like to share their experiences?

I saw the iPad mount that Geert Bevin made for the large Linnstrument, so I thought maybe it would be possible (and probably also expensive).

Anyway, would be great to hear if anyone has any ideas.

If you sand wood very smooth to 400-grit and then paint with high gloss enamel followed by a clear coat, it will look just like plastic.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:If you sand wood very smooth to 400-grit and then paint with high gloss enamel followed by a clear coat, it will look just like plastic.
Great, thanks for the tip! I'll probably go ahead and try that.

Remember to cover bare wood with a primer. A primer will fill small imperfections and help paint adhesion. The primer layer will also show you if any grain pattern is still showing. You can sand between layers if you are a perfectionist.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Roger Linn Design”