Retrigger same note (different row) for rapidly playing single note rhythms

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please don‘t! It would break MPE. This is only a problem a synth can and should solve. Its a property of a sound, not of the controller...
...did I mention, this would be an option for ChnPerRow-mode and not true MPE-mode?

No? ;-)
In Bitwig you can create an instrument layer for each row and those could be polyphonic.
Maybe a 2 channels per row mode could be interesting, as it could still do a two voice MPE... In Bitwig also easy to set up now, let two channels pass in each layer...

dr_loop wrote:Hi Roger

Agreed. And i'm well aware of the neccessity of principals and constraints in product design. And the MIDI-hooks and the User-Firmware-mode are indeed excellent and I already put them to good use.
(I was'nt even aware of them when I bought my LS, so they indeed are a big Plus for me)

But even principals should be evolutionary, and beeing lazy and a former programmer I just can't help thinking in CODE and imagining (seemingly) tiny changes like:
Just put a simple flag in the Note-Release-Procedure and when set look if a note left of it is active and if so, retrigger it.

But I know, in real life it means lot more than just this few lines of code, and it's all good, since, as mentioned, with proper synth programming you can obtain the same result.
The code is available and quite easy to understand, branch it off github and add some code.

The only issue is with new releases and then you just need to merge the changes in.

Roger and Geert have made it easy to personalise their work by making the code available.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

The code is available and quite easy to understand, branch it off github and add some code.

The only issue is with new releases and then you just need to merge the changes in.

Roger and Geert have made it easy to personalise their work by making the code available.
...yes I know, and if I will have spare time I will eventually step in.
But it would mean to become comfortable with a completely new enviroment and -considering my age- I want to concentrate on what I can do best.
And of course on actually *playing* the LinnStrument. Maybe someone else?

Return to “Roger Linn Design”