Absolute Y position issues

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Linnstrument 128 with latest Firmware

Sometimes I set Y axis to Absolute instead of Relative. Recently it seems like it is not working quite right. In Absolute mode, the Y axis value should depend on where on the Y axis a note is played. Sometimes I play a note at the top part of the pad, but it has the same value as the bottom of the pad. It seems to happen more on softer notes. I don't remember it doing this in the past.

Also, if I play a note on the bottom of the pad and slide up the Y axis, it gets to about the middle of the pad before modulation starts. It is not smooth from bottom to top. Can that be improved?

Sorry for the late reply, px. For some reason, this forum sends me notifications for most posts but not all.

One cause may be that when you try to hit the top of the pad, you're actually triggering the bottom of the next row's pad.

Another cause may be a poor Calibration, so I suggest doing a new Calibration. It is explained in the Panel Settings page, Actions section. There you'll find a video demonstrating how to do it.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”