LinnStrument Firmware 2.2.0 is released!

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for all the thoughtful updates Geert! We are fortunate to have someone like you working on this controller and with MPE in general.

I am trying out the new common midi messages being sent on all channels.

Very nice to be able to use more synths with sustain pedal now! Very handy improvement... thanks!

Hi!
I can't make the firmware update for the Linnstrument 128, is this only for the big one?
The "Update Firmware" button is greyed out, no matter what i do.
Yes, i followed the instructions but the button stays greyed out.

Thanks
Claus

The update works for both models. Please visit the LinnStrument Support page and click "FAQs". On the FAQ page, "Problems" tab, read the FAQ "LinnStrument will not accept an OS Update from the LinnStrument Updater app. What's wrong?" This will give you some suggestions on what might be causing the problem.

clausiii wrote:Hi!
I can't make the firmware update for the Linnstrument 128, is this only for the big one?

Thanks
Claus
I updated my 128 without problem...

clausiii wrote:Hi!

Thanks
Claus
Try different USB cable, different USB port on your computer (avoid HUBs) and in extreme case another machine. I had once an issue which appeared to be caused by poor cable.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I read the FAQ and tried all of it (3 USB cables, short, long and the one delivered with the Linnstrument), tried a second Mac but there i was not even able to open the .dmg file ("no mountable file systems"). redownloaded the file several times. Strange. Will try it later today after work. Thank you.

clausiii wrote:Thank you all for the suggestions. I read the FAQ and tried all of it (3 USB cables, short, long and the one delivered with the Linnstrument), tried a second Mac but there i was not even able to open the .dmg file ("no mountable file systems"). redownloaded the file several times. Strange. Will try it later today after work. Thank you.
Had the same issue, here's the installer I got from Geert.
PHY6 wrote:
gbevin wrote:
PHY6 wrote:Maybe someone can extract the installer from the .dmg and upload it to dropbox or wetransfer ? :?: n
Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nevpdkus5xzy ... s.zip?dl=0

Perhaps the problem is that the .dmg file isn’t “signed”, meaning that mac will block its installation if your security settings are set very strictly. To get around this, try to open the .dmg file (which will be blocked), then open System Prefs > Security & Privacy, then you should see an option to install the same .dmg file that was just blocked.

Hi!
no it wasn't the signed dmg problem. Actually i still don't know what the problem was but i tried a third computer and there the update worked.
Thanks
Claus

What is bossac.exe?

BOSSAC is a command-line implementation of BOSSA - "Basic Open Source Sam-ba Application"
"SAM-BA" is the "SAM Boot Assistant", something that Atmel implements in their built-in (and published) bootloaders.

So BOSSAC.EXE is the utility used to upload the sketch to Due; essentially the Atmel ARM equivalent of "avrdude.exe".

Ok thanks Roger, I take it I don't need to fully grasp this program to perform the upgrade :) :D

That’s correct. You don’t need to be a programmer to update your software.

Appreciate the explanation though!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”