Sequencer timing issues

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm running the latest firmware (2.1.0) and finally getting around to trying the sequencer. I absolutely love the interface but the timing is audibly loose - here are monophonic 100bpm 16th notes captured in Reaper via USB3 on my i7 PC - is this to be expected?
Screenshot (3).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It looks like a repeating pattern... is there some swing active?

It’s difficult to know what’s being measured and the conditions under which the problem is occurring. A brief video would be helpful, demonstrating LinnStrument’s Sequencer timing in relation to Reaper’s metronome and with descriptions of the pieces involved— sound generator, whether the i7 is truly an i7 or one of Intel’s new i7s that were formerly called m7, what’s your MIDI interface, etc. And I assume you’re on Windows and not mac, correct?

Coming back to leave this breadcrumb for posterity: Thanks in large part to an article written by Geert, I now believe this to be an issue with Reaper (on Mac at least). I just recorded the sequencer output into the the Reaper version mentioned in the article, and found jitter to be in the negligible <1ms range. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219383

Return to “Roger Linn Design”