Linnstrument and Maschine performance using pianoteq

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is an improvisation I did for Pianoteq's 2017 competition. I'm not a piano player, but I love the Linnstrument, Pianoteq 6 combo.

Hope you enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYhP2IK72Ao

I like this workflow. It's similar to how I work with loops in my live rig, only I use mostly hardware. Of all the hybrid hardware/software platforms out there, Maschine seems to be one of the more focused and comprehensive systems, if limited by comparison. But that's a good thing in my opinion. And it's very cost-effective too. Do you find it buggy at all? I mean, would you trust it, live onstage, if your livelihood depended on it?

Anyway, very musical arrangement and performance, I genuinely enjoyed it... Good work!

Cheers!

Thank you very much for appreciating the performance.
I find Maschine to be very stable, and not buggy at all. I have not used it live yet, but I do intend to in the near future. I will share how my experience goes.

:)

Looking forward to hearing how that goes for you...

I've been intrigued for years by the potential of software platforms with dedicated hardware controllers, a la Ableton's Push and the likes, but continue to be disillusioned by the performance, longevity, and reliability of these kind of systems in practice. I like that N.I. has continued to support even their earliest hardware through several incarnations of their software thus far, and their dedication in keeping with the Maschine ideology is encouraging. Despite its perceivable shortcomings, I like that they've not rushed into making Maschine into a mediocre DAW, instead choosing to stay focused on the sampling, beat-making, and performance aspects of it. And the MK3 having a built-in audio interface is definitely a step in the right direction for software samplers in general. It's also the closest that any controller has ever come to not having to look at the computer at all, which is key to my needs.

At any rate, if I had to make the jump from my all-hardware setup to a software-based platform today, strictly for live performance purposes, I would probably take my chances with Maschine MK3. I remain skeptical for now, but continue to watch its development closely. Thanks again for posting this, and good work, eh!

Cheers!

Hi Sarmad.
I really like this performance. Well done.
I am failry new to the Linnstrument and have also been thinking about getting an Mk3 for live performance and production. Just wondering, do you run the linnstrument through the Mk3 or direct to your audio interface / computer?
I have been wondering whether running into the MK3 is possible and suitable set-up. Just trying to get my head around all of this...
Thanks

LJApthorpe wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:36 pm Hi Sarmad.
I really like this performance. Well done.
I am failry new to the Linnstrument and have also been thinking about getting an Mk3 for live performance and production. Just wondering, do you run the linnstrument through the Mk3 or direct to your audio interface / computer?
I have been wondering whether running into the MK3 is possible and suitable set-up. Just trying to get my head around all of this...
Thanks

It's possible that things have changed in a recent update; but as of last year, the Maschine Software still didn't even support aftertouch, never mind MPE. So that's something to consider if you're hoping to use your LinnStrument with the onboard synths.

I'd personally be pleasantly surprised if that was no longer the case, so if you find out differently, do let us know...

Cheers!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”