Timbre - Opposite of Relative Mode

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, it has been like that forever...

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:39 pm
BobDog wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:27 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:51 pm Thanks a lot... Maybe it would be cool to have both, a latched and a changing CC, for example send CC1 continuously and CC74 latched, with the ability to switch either on/off. That could also aid for plugs which never heard about any CC above 10... (they do exist...; - )
It already works this way unless I misunderstand you, there is a plugin parameter to choose which CC is latched, all others should change normally.
I meant in addition to the latched CC74, send the original values on a different CC#... Or keep CC74 as is and send a latched version on CCxx, would have the advantage that it only needs to be sent once...
Ah got you, so something like 3 parameters should do the job? :

1. Source CC.
2. To destination Latched CC.
3. To destination Unlatched CC.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Yes, that should do it... This would be useful also in other than MPE cases...

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:47 pm No, it has been like that forever...
Weird, I just looked back over my emails and BW support said this wasn't possible! There must of been some misunderstanding on mine and their parts!

Maybe they did change it and I was not aware of a problem before they did... I remember a video which also explained, that you could teach BW to have the ‘any device’ selection in the browser as default. As far as I know for recording Midi and audio together, they always had the hybrid track option...

Ok, here is version 2:

There are now 4 parameters:

1. Source CC
2. Dest CC
3. Dest Latched CC
4. Use Virtual MIDI

Setting "Dest CC" will map "Source CC" to "Dest CC"

Setting "Dest Latched CC" will latch "Source CC" to "Dest Latched CC", the latch is done on Note On and no subsequent CCs are sent till Note Off.

If "Use Virtual MIDI" is turned on a new midi device called "CADMPEInitialStrike" should appear on your mac, if you set up a new Linnstrument controller ("Linstrument Latched") and set the midi device to CADMPEInitialStrike you can then use this controller for a track, this is a workaround for the BW internal instruments. (This midi connection is one way so BW will not be able to initialise the LS through it).

So you would add the filter plugin to one track controlled by the linnstrument and set "Use virtual midi" on.
On another track add the BW device and choose the "Linstrument Latched" controller.
Both tracks have to be record enabled.

I haven't tested this much, the previous version just rewrote the exiting VST midi events where this one creates a new set of VST midi events so there may be some problems, let me know if you find any.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brilliant. But beware, you must not use the Allins for the filter Midi input, or you get a Midi feedback loop...!

Yeah, I should have mentioned that :)

Will this work on a Mac?

Mac only :)

sweet! will give it a try sometime soon! Thanks!!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”