LinnStrument Fest?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

There's been a thread about the possibility of a gathering of LinnStrument players:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=linnfest

I thought I'd post this new topic on the same subject as an Announcement to get more visibility.

I've given this some thought and would like to hear your thoughts. My current thinking is to hold it here in Berkeley over a weekend in August, and to make it affordable at perhaps $100/person, merely to cover catering and expenses. If it's less than around 60 people, I could have it at my home, using my large living room and office for concurrent sessions, plus the garden if needed. If it's bigger, I'd have to rent a space. I'd suggest the weekend of August 19 and 20th of this year, with a reception on Friday night, sessions on Saturday and Sunday, a catered buffet dinner on Saturday night and ending around 4 on Sunday. I'd like to get your feedback on this, for example:

* Would you definitely attend at $100/person? I'd like to estimate the size of the crowd.
* Is August 19th and 20th OK or would you suggest different dates?
* What would you call it? The original thread suggested "LinnFest", though it sounds like "infest". :)
* Would you like to give a presentation or performance? Presentation topics could include performance techniques, coding, performances, techniques for creating sounds in popular synths for MPE or expressive control, exchanging sounds, using LinnStrument with specific DAWs, etc. Geert has expressed interest in attending and presenting. Any presentations or performances should ideally be of value to the attendees, rehearsed and not too long.

Your thoughts?
- Roger

Weekend of 26th would be even better - since I'll be in bay area already.

Unfortunately it looks like there's not much interest.

Unfortunately, we decided to sell our house and move. So I've been tied down with non-fun activities for months.

I'm interested in a getogether at a future date and time.

I wasn't a LinnStrument player yet when this came up before, but I'd definitely be interested if you wanted to do this sometime in the future.

I am wondering if there might be more interest now in having a LinnStrument gathering? After getting the chance to play and record with Jeremy, I would love the chance to meet more players and possibly play and record with a larger all-LinnStrument ensemble. And I would love to learn from others' experiences and approaches. Does anyone else want this to happen? Maybe it's just my personal pipe dream :)

I guess the main problem is the users are spread all over the world, I would have loved to go to a get-together with Roger and other linnstrument users but the trip would not have been a minor undertaking from the UK.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Maybe some will be at superbooth? We could at least meet there...

^^sounds like a plan! :)

I know I'm late replying to this, but I'd be interested.

Its not too late, there is still some time until Superbooth...; - )

BobDog wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:53 pm I guess the main problem is the users are spread all over the world, I would have loved to go to a get-together with Roger and other linnstrument users but the trip would not have been a minor undertaking from the UK.

Yeah BobDog, that makes sense that it would be a bit forbidding for many folks to get to the Bay Area. Too bad, because it would be fun. I will not be at Superbooth, but would love to hear a report on the meet-up if it happens!

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 am Its not too late, there is still some time until Superbooth...; - )
Unfortunately I can't make Superbooth this year. The date doesn't work for me.

If you do meet up there and perform together, be sure to record it and share it!

I'm going to be at Moogfest next month in Durham. Anyone going?

https://www.moogfest.com/

I'm wondering if there will be opportunities to bust out my linnstrument and jam with others.
They're having a "Modular on the Spot", but it sounds like that is mondular synths only.

I’m not attending.

I’d guess the Modular On The Spot is more a knob twiddling, sound exploration jam.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”