Unlucky for some...

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good job then, I was listening thinking that some of it must be sequenced.

I will listen through again later, the first listen was while I was working which is never the best way to listen to music.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Great stuff. I would love to see/hear some more of what you're doing.

BobDog wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:11 pm Good job then, I was listening thinking that some of it must be sequenced.
Thanks - no sequencing or looping involved: if it ain't self played (background stuff) I'm playing it!

Reckon104 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:25 pm Great stuff. I would love to see/hear some more of what you're doing.
Many thanks! I put my finished stuff up at bandcamp - be warned it's a bit of a mixed bag: my last few bits are a live played noise ep on the Lyra 8, an electro/accoustic folk/pop song based album (hostages) and a minimal looping atmosphere thing with leaf audio microphonic soundbox (there's a bit of linnstrument on that one). There's loads up there too... something for everyone perhaps (or noone!). I keep meaning to tidy it up, or at least put the song based stuff that doesn't really fit there out under a different name.

https://therapyinterferingbehaviour.bandcamp.com/

Listening to is-TtMSFN right now. Very nice! I am impressed with how prolific you are as well and from a cursory sampling there certainly are a range of styles, although it does strangely fit together from what I've heard thus far! Thanks for sharing the link.

My pleasure! I think in terms of sound and prolificness a lot is down to approach; hostages aside these are all live records - there's no multitracking (or even post editting for the most part, though I sometimes trim) which essentially speeds up the process. I quickly learned that computers weren't for me when it came to music production, so I patch, jam out and record when I'm happy with what I've got. Theres always a risk of one dimensional-ness but I've always preferred the energy (where present!) that I get from recording in this way and the fact that when it's recorded it is gone forever - I couldn't recreate any of these. Many thanks for taking the time to listening and chat, if there's anything that you particularly like let me know and I'll sort out a free download link or two...

Return to “Roger Linn Design”