VC 4.0.2.1 and Logic Pro X 10.1.1

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread will be used to help explain how to use VCommander 4.x as a plug-in effect (not instrument) in Logic Pro X 10.1.1

download the mac plugin trial package from the website
and it contains 2 ".component" files which are the AU versions.
All you need to do is to copy and paste them into:
/Users/"YOUR_USER_NAME"/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Now Load Logic Pro X

I'm imagining that everyone wants to utilize all 16 parts of your Access Virus in Logic Pro X to begin sequencing your amazing music. This has lead me to some confusion on how to set this up correctly.
Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 10.31.22 PM.png
Check add 16 to the parts Multi-timbral field and select 1 track of a Software Instrument and choose create.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JesseLivermore on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Highlight your 1st track and select the VcommanderVST plug-in under the drop down menu of your Logic Channel Strip, Instrument button "UA-MIDI-Controlled effects" as seen below in the diagram.
Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 10.37.22 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Take note of all the MIDI Filter settings and enable them just like the Diagram below.
Set the Vcommander MIDI i/o, Global Ch, Device ID, Virus Type
Verify these settings on your Access Virus:
-Global Midi Channel = according VCommander settings
-Device Id = according VCommander settings
-LoPage = Contr
-HiPage = PolyPrs
-Midi Dump Rx = enabled
Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 11.01.45 PM.png
Now click More, Synchronization, "VCommander with Virus Data" and begin downloading all the patch names
(may take a while, break)

Well done, thanks!

Unfortunately I don't run Logic so I cannot give any advice here but
looking at the Midi filter settings in the screenshot it seems to be
setup properly.

Thanks again!

Joerg
solar3d

Return to “solar3d-software”