Bitwig 3+ is an awesome modular FM playground.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ckam03 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:16 pmThis guy tested it out and it sounds the same as other synths.
I did some more testing and for wavetables where there's a lot of frames, ideally 256 the difference is ngligible. But if - from Serum - you take one of the spectral ones, that have like 8-10 frames it's clear that Bitwig (no matter standalone or in Grid) replays those 8 frames, whereas Serum adds frames on the fly and thus sounds a lot smoother.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Is that a new capability recently added to Serum? It never used to do any interpolation at all (on the fly)

antic604 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:38 am
Yokai wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:45 pmAnd to Antic, I'll simply point out that you can take ANY Serum wavetable and drop it into Phase Plant and it will sound and play exactly the same. Drop that same wavetable into Bitwig's Sampler and NOPE. It's window scanning size will cover at least two frames at a time (and drop in volume as you approach the last couple handfuls of frames in the wavetable). Mostly though, it will just sound fuzzy and have a metallic ringing edge to everything.
Above description (especially the "drop in the volume" bit") suggest to me you're not doing it right:
1) You need to set proper root for the wavetable, if it's not autodetected
2) You need to switch to freeze mode and move Play offset, instead of using scanning window

Otherwise they WILL sound fuzzy and metallic.
Sigh. :-|

Return to “Bitwig”