Varispeed instead of time stretch?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to have real varispeed instead of a time stretch in the audio editor? I ask, because it is simple and has no artefacts. If I would time strech and then pitch shift it down, I would get two times unnecessary artefacts, one from the stretch and one from the shift...
(I know I can get it in the sampler, but that's not editable any more...)

Why not bounce the sampler?

just set stretching do repitch and drag the end of the sample out.

I even have the feeling that the sampler as well does stretch and repitch, I hear artifacts... Varispeed is such a basic, but good sounding technique...
Seems I need to use an external editor... (which as well uses up unnecessarily extra disk space and clutters my audio folder...)

@docbot, please read the post and not just the topic title...

@TJ Shredder

Guess I understand Varispeed wrong, I thought Varispeed means simply changing the pitch of a sample when it's played slower or faster (like a tape deck), which is what the repitch algorithm does.

I do not understand either. I was going to suggest what Docbot said.... change stretch mode to 'pitch' and then alter it's length. I usually click in the tempo box and drag up and down there to alter sample length/pitch. No artifacts as it's like changing the pitch-wheel on an old vinyl DJ deck...

Return to “Bitwig”