Bitwig is so great and so flawed at the same time.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am I think it's your (lack of) luck combined with attitude...
Not sure what this is supposed to mean but I am a Reaper user for nearly 10 years, coming from Sonar and also dabbled a couple of years ago with Studio One.
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am Presets need to be in certain standard format (.fxp & .fxb) for them to be visible from Bitwig's browser (or 'folder' icon on the VST container), like for e.g. U-He plugins. If they're not - like most VSTs, for some reason - then you just need to get to them from within the plugin, like in ANY OTHER DAW.
Please let me know how I do this? I have provided a pic of one of the Plugin Alliance GUI's in both Reaper and BWS.

REAPER:
reaper bx_.JPG
BWS:
bws bx_.JPG
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am Drag & drop - you sure you're running Bitwig with admin rights?
Of course, I have tried this, but this would be terrible to have to run the software as admin. (I have sent .gifs to BWS support Nov 27 and still waiting for a reply)
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am KeyLab25 - what you mean by "doesn't work"?
I mean the transport controls work but none of the faders or knobs work with the Arturia AnalogLab software. It all works in Reaper. I have sent in .gifs to BW support on this but never heard back. (That was Dec 23)
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am 1) Have you tried these scripts? Have you tried Flexi to make your own script (without ANY coding required):

2) https://www.bitwig.com/en/community/con ... eylab.html

3) https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... eric-Flexi
1) Not a viable solution for me.
2) dead link
3) yes without any luck

I don't expect BWS to be on par with Reaper but the 3 things I have listed as my main issues are the day-to-day things I use. These are not issues in any of the other DAWs I have tried.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gerryp650 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pmNot sure what this is supposed to mean but I am a Reaper user for nearly 10 years, coming from Sonar and also dabbled a couple of years ago with Studio One.
I meant the "I keep saying WTF every time I go to use Bitwig" part. You wouldn't use Bitwig if it wasn't offering some features that are not in Reaper, would you? If so, do you open Reaper and every time are like "WTF, why it doesn't have this X feature from Bitwig?!". I don't think you do. That's a double standard and attitude problem :)

gerryp650 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pmPlease let me know how I do this? I have provided a pics of one of the Plugin Alliance GUI's in both Reaper and BWS.
In Bitwig you access presets by clicking the "folder" icon on the device's left-hand bar in the device chain at the bottom of the screen. If VST has presets in .fxp format then they should appear there. I'll check that at home for PA plugins that I have. I honestly never did :)

gerryp650 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pmOf course, I have tried this, but this would be terrible to have to run the software as admin.
Why would that be "terrible"? I believe it's just a matter of setting up "run as admin" in shortcut's settings. Unless this doesn't solve the problem, which I guess is the case here.

gerryp650 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pmI mean the transport controls work but none of the faders or knobs work with the Arturia AnalogLab software. It all works in Reaper. I have sent in .gifs to BW support on this but never heard back. (That was Dec 23)
I had Keylab Mini some time ago and problem was solver by changing the type or range of CVs sent by knobs in Arturia's MIDI utility. Or perhaps changing one of the controller's MIDI templates (that include type/range of CC) when running AnalogLab software? I don't remember the details now because I've sold it since then :( Worth trying I guess?

gerryp650 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pmNot a viable solution for me
Why? What's wrong with having the controller work the way you want it to?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

T71 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:39 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:38 am
T71 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 pm
Trancit wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:38 pm
lastmessiah wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:35 am Bitwig has plenty of MIDI features. Just open the Note FX Device Type in Browser - channel filters and maps, transposers, micro-pitch, MIDI CC and selectors, multi-note (chords, duh), and a slew of note devices and effects. It is all there.
And none of them replaces an advanced set of tools inside the midi editor... these are 2 different worlds!
Agreed. No offense to SLiC and others, but the "Just use a different DAW" retort is BS. :hihi:
Why is that BS? That seems smarter than sitting around for the next couple years waiting for Bitwig to possibly add the stuff you want.
Voicing feature requests for bread and butter features and constantly getting pooh-poohed by people who don't care about the features, is very annoying. We are paying customer's, too. Be quiet, or not :hihi:
I just read SLiC's post again... I don't read even a hint of you being pooh-poohed.

The way to make feature requests to Bitwig is by emailing them to support. Then you are talking to them directly. When you make a feature request here, you are basically talking to the other users as the Bitwig developers don't frequent the forum all that much. Such posts invite comments by others... that's the nature of forums.

Maybe there could be a sticky thread that is only for feature requests... like the tips and tricks (NO CHAT) thread.

gerryp650 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am I think it's your (lack of) luck combined with attitude...
Not sure what this is supposed to mean but I am a Reaper user for nearly 10 years, coming from Sonar and also dabbled a couple of years ago with Studio One.
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am Presets need to be in certain standard format (.fxp & .fxb) for them to be visible from Bitwig's browser (or 'folder' icon on the VST container), like for e.g. U-He plugins. If they're not - like most VSTs, for some reason - then you just need to get to them from within the plugin, like in ANY OTHER DAW.
Please let me know how I do this? I have provided a pic of one of the Plugin Alliance GUI's in both Reaper and BWS.

REAPER:
reaper bx_.JPG

BWS:
bws bx_.JPG
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am Drag & drop - you sure you're running Bitwig with admin rights?
Of course, I have tried this, but this would be terrible to have to run the software as admin. (I have sent .gifs to BWS support Nov 27 and still waiting for a reply)
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am KeyLab25 - what you mean by "doesn't work"?
I mean the transport controls work but none of the faders or knobs work with the Arturia AnalogLab software. It all works in Reaper. I have sent in .gifs to BW support on this but never heard back. (That was Dec 23)
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am 1) Have you tried these scripts? Have you tried Flexi to make your own script (without ANY coding required):

2) https://www.bitwig.com/en/community/con ... eylab.html

3) https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... eric-Flexi
1) Not a viable solution for me.
2) dead link
3) yes without any luck

I don't expect BWS to be on par with Reaper but the 3 things I have listed as my main issues are the day-to-day things I use. These are not issues in any of the other DAWs I have tried.
I explained how to do it in the other thread you posted.... click on the folder icon like you do with Bitwig devices. That's how you get the presets.

gerryp650 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pmPlease let me know how I do this?
https://youtu.be/BAU2D4-kFtI
Music tech enthusiast

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:01 pm
T71 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:39 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:38 am
T71 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 pm
Trancit wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:38 pm
lastmessiah wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:35 am Bitwig has plenty of MIDI features. Just open the Note FX Device Type in Browser - channel filters and maps, transposers, micro-pitch, MIDI CC and selectors, multi-note (chords, duh), and a slew of note devices and effects. It is all there.
And none of them replaces an advanced set of tools inside the midi editor... these are 2 different worlds!
Agreed. No offense to SLiC and others, but the "Just use a different DAW" retort is BS. :hihi:
Why is that BS? That seems smarter than sitting around for the next couple years waiting for Bitwig to possibly add the stuff you want.
Voicing feature requests for bread and butter features and constantly getting pooh-poohed by people who don't care about the features, is very annoying. We are paying customer's, too. Be quiet, or not :hihi:
I just read SLiC's post again... I don't read even a hint of you being pooh-poohed.

The way to make feature requests to Bitwig is by emailing them to support. Then you are talking to them directly. When you make a feature request here, you are basically talking to the other users as the Bitwig developers don't frequent the forum all that much. Such posts invite comments by others... that's the nature of forums.

Maybe there could be a sticky thread that is only for feature requests... like the tips and tricks (NO CHAT) thread.
I am aware of the right way to submit a feature request, my post was referring to discussing feature requests as is often done here. I wasn't referring specifically to SLiC, for example your posts in these types of discussions are often in the spirit of "Bitwig suits my needs the way it is, stop bitching about what it's lacking". Like I said, annoying.

T71 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:06 pm
I am aware of the right way to submit a feature request, my post was referring to discussing feature requests as is often done here. I wasn't referring specifically to SLiC, for example your posts in these types of discussions are often in the spirit of "Bitwig suits my needs the way it is, stop bitching about what it's lacking". Like I said, annoying.
I didn't say that, imply it, or think it. You are making that up in your own mind and then getting annoyed with yourself.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 pm
T71 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:06 pm
I didn't say that, imply it, or think it. You are making that up in your own mind and then getting annoyed with yourself.
No, just you annoying posts. :tu:

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm
Thanks antic604 for going through the trouble of doing the video. Unfortunately, the presets are not showing up in my bx_console plugin.
bitwig.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kokonut1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:42 pm why Bitwig as chosen to implement the Grid and polish up on help contextual menus instead of giving us productivity tools.
They promised full modular environment from the very beginning. People were complaining very hard that its missing so makes sense they made it a priority. Just putting that out there. Im glad the grid is out so now hopefully they can focus time on the other features.
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

gerryp650 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:24 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm
Thanks antic604 for going through the trouble of doing the video. Unfortunately, the presets are not showing up in my bx_console plugin.
bitwig.JPG
I have one of the bx_console plugins I will take a look into this when I get home. I do remember having access to the presets but don't remember how I got to them at the moment.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

So I took a look and on y machine the presets do show for the bx_console plugin. I have the bx_console Focusrite SC plugin. So you may want to reinstall the plugin or force a rescan of the plugin in Bitwig.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Can you Quantize Audio in Bitwig? I'm hitting Q and Alt-Q and it's not doing anything to the transients.

Did you try also ctrl-Q ? :D

apoclypse wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:06 amCan you Quantize Audio in Bitwig? I'm hitting Q and Alt-Q and it's not doing anything to the transients.
No, AFAIK
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Bitwig”