Bitwig 'COLLABORATION FEATURES' - Discuss!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed on a very recent Bitwig video one of the bitwig guys mentioned the collaboration features...I recon this is coming very soon- it was the original billed event along with the open modular system and is still on the Bitwig web site as a planned feature...

''Network support is already built into the core of the software and the Bitwig Studio project file format is designed bearing collaboration features in mind. So collaboration is part of the DNA of Bitwig Studio. We are dedicated to further develop our own collaboration technology.''

What do you think, is this going to be something as revolutionary as the grid? On-line live collaboration?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Oh no, I would wish the Bitwig devs would NOT waste their rare time for this. Network/web is a whole world on it's own regarding development. Please do not open this bottle. Instead, please extend the scripting capabilities in a way that networking can be done by third party tool developers.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:19 pm Oh no, I would wish the Bitwig devs would NOT waste their rare time for this. Network/web is a whole world on it's own regarding development. Please do not open this bottle. Instead, please extend the scripting capabilities in a way that networking can be done by third party tool developers.
I suspect as they have said ‘We are dedicated to further develop our own collaboration technology.'' That they are spending time on it!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Could be of cool for Bitwig 5 or 6. :tu:

Do they do this for the bragging rights? Waste of time for the 1% of users who would actually use it, and it will be a bugfest.
I'm skeptical, because there are so many better features to focus on and implement first... Online colab is the last thing *I* need.
Think about why the other major established DAW's have no online collaboration?
Last edited by anoise on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, they do say it’s already built in, so maybe it’s not a lot of work, but the grid had to be pushed out first?

anoise wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:03 am Do they to this for the bragging rights? Waste of time for the 1% of users who would actually use it, and it will be a bugfest.
I'm skeptical, because there are so many better features to focus on and implement first... Online colab is the last thing *I* need.
Think about why the other major established DAW's have no online collaboration?
:clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Cubase has?

anoise wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:03 am I'm skeptical, because there are so many better features to focus on and implement first... Online colab is the last thing *I* need.
This!

Not a fan of the idea. Assuming it actually worked fluidly this is something I would only consider using with my band mates of several years who all really know their shit and I really click with. Otherwise it would be a mess. Still, all the other means of collaborating online is plenty sufficient imo. Even favorable because what I don't want to do is be a moderator in my DAW. BTW, will we be getting emojis too?

Anyways, however this plays out I don't care if it totally stays out of my way. I get that like 3-4 people may want it. :clown: Just keep the nags off my screen. I'm already annoyed by that content download pop up. I don't want the content. That thing needs a don't ask again option. :smack:
-JH

I think it’s going to be just a button to logon on Splice :hihi:
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

People of all levels benefit from collab. It might lead to better music. I live in the middle of nowhere.

I once used Ohmstudio, it was fun collaborating, foudn a singer in chat, started a small project with vocals, chatting this or that etc. Very quick collab and fun way to meet new people as well.

Sadly ohm studio was/is limited in other features, so it was not working for me after a while.

I think now in times where many people have to stay at home, it would be really nice to have the collaboration features ;)

Return to “Bitwig”