Bitwig zany ideas pitch thread

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:33 pm Put your code where you mouth is BWS, make it really modular, split the program in chunks and sell them separately.
If you need a fast and brilliant workflow with advanced MIDI and audio and don't need all this boring native instrument bs. No need for modulation tools? Or you actually do?
Or if you only want to play with beautiful gifs of waveforms and random, generative bleep bleep sounds, with a pensive look stroking your beard (X/F/M), ditch the MIDI and DAW part.

Or buy them all!
:neutral:
Completely disagree. I think Bitwig team is actually trying to make a all in one solution that would not cost you thousands of dollars in plugins that you would use once a month.

Pack of assembled modules to help generate quick results, with presets. Basically premade presets a la polarity.

I extremely love how Polarity comes up with ideas that are crazy such as self generating things that can go on until the end of time with variations in them. He knows his art and does not get enough credit for it. So if you want to build a song idea real quick you just put the structure down and add your personal touches to the canvas.

kokonut1 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:55 am Completely disagree.
:neutral:
ideas pitch thread

its ok, but asking to make something ( base package) more expensive than it already is... well really zany...

no one wants that.

a non fancy "Glitch Modulator" some you can put in on a piece of song and make it glitch. There is probably a way (modulator ) but it would be nice to have a real simple one called Glitch and you turn your dial and it glitches by the quantity you want.

A layer feature to make the cable in the grid less visible.. i.e an opacity layer. so you can concentrate visually on the modules and not be bothered by the cable connectors visually.

Noise Engineering devices like in Reason. :ud:
Last edited by kpv on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

i know this is sort of turning into a feature request thread but keep on trucking, its got a lot of views so maybe the people at bitwig will see this and say, yeah.. that idea would be cool.

what i really crave is a feature that allows you to pitch bend a guitar like David Gilmour or like in the start of wicked games. No one as far as i know as come up with a very easy to use solution. All the vst guitars i know always some switches involved and this and that and you have to just spend an enormous amount of time in the vst to learn it which kills the vibe of productivity.

The only thing i can think of would be a virtual MPE device, something like Geoshred but internal in the program and programmable via mouse and keyboard.. I don't know if this would be remotely possible but it would be damn cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAObD11pooM

Maybe they can build that feature in their virtual keyboard and also build a virtual guitar synth inside of bitwig to go with it... the keyboard is there already, so i am sure it could be programmed to be programmable inside with vibratos and pitch bend like in geo shred...

kokonut1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:56 am Maybe they can build that feature in their virtual keyboard and also build a virtual guitar synth inside of bitwig to go with it... the keyboard is there already, so i am sure it could be programmed to be programmable inside with vibratos and pitch bend like in geo shred...
It is actually in there, but you'd need a touch screen and Windows

yeah but thats the point, not everyone has a touch screen monitor or interface. It would be nice to take the interface and be able to somehow save your work.

I.e start at A ------------slide -------------- G(+vibrato for 2 seconds) on the G .

and make this savable and editable in the program.

trying to get out of the constraints and limitations of Midi.

As a mouse is nothing you want to use for this kind of stuff in real time, the elves implemented that into the automation area. You can do that and draw your vibrato...

It would be nice if Bitwig would introduce blocks of premade device in the polygrid Instead.

I.e instead of putting every brick up to build a wall, you could literally put the wall up and move on.

Let's say you want a step sequencer a "la Polarity" then it would be nice to have a block preset for that and then another block i.e your synth block. It would be a higher level construction but a real time saver, i think.

I am saying this because building a good sounding device requires a lot of planning and sometimes, you are just looking for an inspiring sound and you simply don't want to spend 2 hours creating a drone sound that frankly you could import in from another package or even a sample.

While polygrid is magic, it is time consuming and you can easily get lost in it and end up having created nothing satisfactory after several hours. This could be addressed by breaking it down to bigger chunks i think.

I think a tuner based on the spectrum analyzer in the Amp device would be nice for drum tuning. It's really difficult to see what the peak is for a kick drum with a traditional spectrum analyzer, at least for me. It could have a feature like "freeze peaks" where it overlays the highest peak for each frequency and maybe tell us what the note is for the frequency with the highest peak. Or just tell us what the note is for the highest peak.

Return to “Bitwig”