Midi and audio in the same clip

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Apologies if this is super easy but I cannot remember how to bounce midi to audio in a clip but you keep the midi also.

I’m sure you could do this back in v1/2 but wanted to do this today to keep the midi to generate more audio variations but cannot see where to do it.

Bounce in place and bounce so just that , covert to audio and if in place removes the midi

Cheers

Mat

Bounce in Place essentially replaces the MIDI clip with an audio clip, AND it also deletes the original sound generator device/plugin on that track (But leaves all the post-processing FX devices/plugins intact. BIP is meant to "simplify" your project and flatten a synth/sampler down to audio, but NOT to flatten ALL post-processing into audio too! (The biggest CPU hogs are usually your synths and samplers--not your typical FX processing devices/plugins.)

By contrast, what you want is the "Bounce" command. This simply leaves the original track fully intact and creates a new track right beneath it and puts the bounced audio onto the new track. This approach enables you to simply "Deactivate" the original track and completely remove ALL resource impact from that deactivated track (CPU, RAM, latency... ALL impact is gone!). Bitwig even has a handy button at the bottom of the track header column that will nicely hide/show all deactivated tracks so you can de-clutter your project view.

Cheers Yokai im sure you used to be able to see both events in the same clip but bounce to new clip will work for me

Thank you :)

Return to “Bitwig”