When I am cheating on Bitwig I...

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...most likely hang out with Renoise or the Digitakt.

https://youtu.be/VrsLqW5uquI

Confession time! Next!

...am playing boardgames, reading or out having beers.

... am selling things in the streets until I can afford the regular extortion fee.

akeia wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:37 am ... am selling things in the streets until I can afford the regular extortion fee.
Upgrades are just an 'option', you 'choose' when you want to upgrade and you never have to upgrade so there is no regular fee; you are free to choose.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Upgrades are just an 'option', you 'choose' when you want to upgrade and you never have to upgrade so there is no regular fee; you are free to choose.
Well. They do not backport basic features like MPE, Controller API or even just bugfixes to the older versions. Therefore at some point it is not optional any more if you need keyboards, controllers or plugins to work. You do not need the security of bug fixes but at some point your restaurant may burn down :D

... I make music with Max/MSP - actually its the other way around - I am cheating on Max with Bitwig...
I am also cheating on ProTools with Bitwig now, and some times to get Avid running up the trees, I am cheating with Ardour... But then I need to get inspired again and return to Max and Bitwig.
I am cheating on Reaktor with the Grid,
I am cheating on Kontakt with the Sampler in the Grid,
I am cheating on Halion as well...
I could build my retirement provision now on all those GAS driven tools...

... am using MuLab because modular is where my heat is.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:56 pm ... am using MuLab because modular is where my heat is.
How is MuLab's modular part better than the grid? Genuine question, beause I always romantically like the idea of trying out MuLab/MUX, but never got through with it due to that horrible GUI...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Best to just try it out yourself. I could compare my modulars to each other for days (Bitwig's Grid, Mutools MUX, UVI Falcon, MeldaProduction MSoundFactory) and it still wouldn't convey what each is better at than the other. Workflow in MUX is a little messy, but for me it makes a lot of sense when building front-panels (think of it as building your own GUI) for preset devices. It can also host VST2 within it which makes it a great modular patch bay.

The main things I'd say MUX has that out performs the grid would have would be:
- Per-oscillator unison
- Custom per-voice Envelopes and LFOs
- Wavetable generation

However, the filters in MUX are lacking comparatively. Pros and cons to each, that's why I have both, and furthermore why I have multiple modular frameworks.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

...am actually making a good decision because there are much better DAWs out there. :hihi:

akeia wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Well. They do not backport basic features like MPE, Controller API or even just bugfixes to the older versions. Therefore at some point it is not optional any more if you need keyboards, controllers or plugins to work. You do not need the security of bug fixes but at some point your restaurant may burn down :D
Bug fixes are free without upgrading and backporting major features is just another way of saying free updates for life (which you get for 1 year when you buy Bitwig, Even major upgrades).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Russell Grand wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:00 pm ...am actually making a good decision because there are much better DAWs out there. :hihi:
...interesting, trying to figure out which ones you’ll referring too... all I can think of is Renoise... :tu: cheating again...

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:08 pm
akeia wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Bug fixes are free without upgrading and backporting major features is just another way of saying free updates for life (which you get for 1 year when you buy Bitwig, Even major upgrades).

What's considered a bug? Did Bitwig backport any of the macOS performance enhancements to 2.4 when 2.5 came out?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

I'd say that I cheat on it with Usine, but actually they can be used together in sync easily. I just use one as extension for another when I need it or feel like it. And for live setups in Usine I could make virtual controller tailored for my Bitwig set.

Return to “Bitwig”