How about a new module: A "Swinggate" with no fences

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would love to see a Swinggate... what I mean is a gate sequencer with loose grid(s) or fences or no fences... like microsteps (novation circuit and elektron digitakt) steps between the steps... for more swing on the drums and looseness... madlib/dilla (Love). I know I can mess around with lag and stuff, but would be nice to have in that yellow box.

also a parameter lock sequencer or mod per step sequencer...

But hey Bitwig, take your time off... what we already have is more than enough for a lifetime... but still ! ,-)

ParSeq-8 is a mod per step sequencer

pdxindy wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:39 pm ParSeq-8 is a mod per step sequencer
Thanks! Looks ace!

if you want finer 'Grid', just increase the number of steps and use Gates in G (gate) mode instead of T (trigger) to make more loose sequences. if however your point is to modulate existing steps that are on grid so they wobble over time, just insert Phase Bend module to Phase input, disable Phase pre-cord, and wire whatever source of Phase you need to Bend, then modulate the Bend with LFO or Random modulator, maybe at odd speed so it doesn't coincide with sequence length. It would be great to have this visually represented, but impossible for now in Grid (only showing trigs in oscilloscope after the fact).

Ah who can forget the swinggate scandal of 2019. Quite shocking.

Return to “Bitwig”