Jackd on Linux - Midi input fix

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just use cadence :)
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

I just use windows and have to deal with zero of that nonsense. You guys are nuts.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

gruberman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:00 pm I just use cadence :)
same here..

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:48 pm I just use windows and have to deal with zero of that nonsense. You guys are nuts.
That's your choice, this is our choice. There are pros and cons of each, one of the pros is that using Linux and troubleshooting like this helps develop it for future users who are interested in getting out of the bullshit "windows is a service" paradigm that we've entered. Also, Linux is fun if you like tinkering with your computer, but it's not always easy.

Don't get me wrong. I love Linux. But I'm not daft enough to use it when I want to make music. On yersel dudes. Choice is great. Still think you're nuts.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

mwstl wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:29 pm But xruns -> are to be avoided at all cost... You should be checking whether you have overruns or underruns than assuming jackd is taking charge of scheduling. Listening to "pops" does not tell you whether you have underruns/overruns, you'd have to peruse the kernel stats for that.
I'm afraid you are going on a tangent.

The subject you brought, which you were wrong about, is the --sync option.

I prefer to:

1) immediately see and hear a xrun problem, not put them under the rug.

2) Get better latency performance by running synchronous

That's what the --sync option gives.

Mixbus32C shows the xruns graphically by the way.

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:14 pm Don't get me wrong. I love Linux. But I'm not daft enough to use it when I want to make music. On yersel dudes. Choice is great. Still think you're nuts.
Check out the music I make in the signature below. I use Bitwig for creating and Mixbus32C for mixing/mastering. I use Melda and Voxengo audio plugins mainly, u-he native Linux synths, as well as some Windows synths and other plugins, both Linux and Windows.

mevla wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:22 pm
Karbon L. Forms wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:14 pm Don't get me wrong. I love Linux. But I'm not daft enough to use it when I want to make music. On yersel dudes. Choice is great. Still think you're nuts.
Check out the music I make in the signature below. I use Bitwig for creating and Mixbus32C for mixing/mastering. I use Melda and Voxengo audio plugins mainly, u-he native Linux synths, as well as some Windows synths and other plugins, both Linux and Windows.
You're obviously here to advertise yourself.

I'm here to help other users as that's what I believe this forum is really about.

And not some kind of pissing contest like the way you're putting it, so stop showing off, and go bother somebody else in your "Windows forums".

Linux is about helping other users. You obviously live more into the "proprietary" realm of things with wine-hacks or not.

And I highly doubt you've been using Linux for 20 years, you babble-talk yourself repetitively not knowing anything you're talking about.

Go somewhere else.

"Mixbus32C".

Talking about going on a tangent.
This is the Bigwig forum.

If you want to show-off your toys, try trolling on another thread, I've read enough of your other garbage I see you've been posting. Starting jackd while pulseaudio's sink is still set to alsa means there'll be racing-conflicts between the two --> you also give bad advice on other threads, and I'm not going to be bothering to correct you there, because I already address the full explanation on this thread.

Adios.

Return to “Bitwig”