Audio engine takes 20+ minutes to start (Linux) [solved]

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have problems with VPN on Windows with various programs. Not sure why though. For example Native Access will not download anything, or Studio One vst plugin scan will not work. So this might also be a problem under Windows.

Also consider that it could be an issue with the VPN software configuration that the provider is using. Trying another VPN provider could solve the problem.

There are a lot of complexities in VPN software that can mess with the network in rare cases.

odz wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:25 am Starting bitwig with the VPN active makes it (BWS) consistently chug 30% of my i7 7700K without starting the audio engine. I'm putting my half educated guess on the authentication method in Bitwig though. I'll send them a message about this.
Interesting. Are you using a dedicated VPN client or OpenVPN?
((( ~ )))

wavedigit wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 pm
odz wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:25 am Starting bitwig with the VPN active makes it (BWS) consistently chug 30% of my i7 7700K without starting the audio engine. I'm putting my half educated guess on the authentication method in Bitwig though. I'll send them a message about this.
Interesting. Are you using a dedicated VPN client or OpenVPN?
Dedicated. I'm using ovpn.se. I could probably switch over to openvpn but I'm lazy and it works pretty well.

Return to “Bitwig”