Who wants Ableton Live´s Groovepool in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ JHernandez All right then, thanks for pointing me that out! Personally I wouldn't have any need for it as it doesn't look like an interesting or "essential" feature but rather more of a thing for loop-based songs or the like, a convenience. I suppose this Groove pool thing could be fun to mess around with but still, doesn't seem that bad for dance audio-genres.

grooves change the microtiming (rytmic feel) from a sequence in dance music .
i´m use bitwig for dancemusic. some others a cooking pot.

Oh, this is not only interesting for dance music, you could go weird with it - break dance - especially if you start to modulate. But if Bitwig is going to implement something like that, it will easily be way ahead of what you have known or seen... (because of the modulation freedom we have...)
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i hope so.........

Nobody need any Argument for Groove quantize.
When its grooves, then the BOYS AND GIRLS hear it self.
In Ableton: The Mpc or TR- Templates grooves almost every Times .
A Random Timing isnt reproduce for new Parts, Clips,Songs
A Selfmade Timing isnt reproduce for new Parts ,Clips ,Songs
Shove Single-Notes isnt reached a Groove Balance between the Instruments.
and isnt reproduce for new Parts, Clips,Songs
The only stable Version of your own Microtiming are Groove Templates.
These are very very effective.
I dont understand, why Bitwig is ignored this.

Why all this Daws and Soft/Hardware has it ?

Ableton Live
Cubase
Nuendo
LogicPro
Studio one
Sonar
FLStudio
Digital Performer
Projekt5
Reaper
Acid Pro
Reason
ProTools
Traktion
Samplitude
Sequoia
FXpansion Geist
Motu Bpm
GrooveRider GR16
Korg Electribe Wave

Korg electribe E2.
Korg electribe ES2.
Roland Mc 909.
Roland Mc 505.
Roland Mc 808.
Roland Mc 303.
Roland Mc 307.
Yamaha QY700 etc Series....
Last edited by flares on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The current groove / swing set up in Bitwig is so bad it hurts, it's completely un-intuitive. Please for the love of f**k bring in Abletons groove or something similar.

+1 on this.

I love how one can get creative pr clip and humanize MIDI, but it'd be ace to have something akin to Ableton's Groove Templates added on top of that.

I just play everything in live and don't quantise, has a very human feel :clown:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

personally. im not going to update my plan beofre they bring in this feature :neutral: im serious

+1

All we want to do is quantize the onset markers, c’mon Bitwig!! So strange to have warp/stretch/onset markers that you can’t quantize.

+1

Missing the groove pool and the MPC 16 templates badly. Is there any kind of VST or something that could be used as a work around?

I expect they'll add some kind of pool in 3.2 but I can't upgrade as it requires MacOS 10.13 and I can't install any higher than 10.12 on my ancient Macbook.

You can also try and approximate the grooves with the swing. Claude Young posted the numbers to get close to a lot of much used grooves (909, MPC60, Logic's swings). Check on the bitwig forum on their webpage.

‘extract groove from audio’ is one of my favourite features in Live. Better groove functions would be great,
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Extract groove would be nice, but generally I prefer Reason way of grooving.

Return to “Bitwig”