Who wants Ableton Live´s Groovepool in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's being a bit ticklish. I'd expect Bitwig to make it their own. For better or worse.

Yeah, I'd like to see Bitwig get something like Groovepool.

change the name in: bitwigs groove pool

BITWIG groove: a user adjustable groove. Basic groove library, but you can shift individual timings and velocities and hear the effect live..

Bitwig Groove Device Modul in Tracks and Global.
Realtime and Non-destruktive .

with......
1.Groovetiming Typ = Mpc60-3000, Tr8 and 9 , User ...
2.Strength = 1-125%
3.Groove Length = Bars = 1,2,3,4
4.Start Position Shift = 1-16
5.Grid = 16th,8th,4th,32th.16t,8t
6.Track delay ms and ticks

7.Independet Swingtyp = 50-75 % and 0-100%

8.Velocity Presets
9.Velocity Strength = 1-100 %

10.Mute = ON/OFF

and Presets init.

Real easy or not?
Or just the easy Version:
1.Groovetiming Typ = Mpc60-3000, Tr8 and 9 , User ...
2.Strength = 1-125%
5.Grid = 16th,8th,4th,32th.16t,8t
6.Track delay ms and ticks
7.Independet Swingtyp = 50-75 % and 0-100%
Last edited by flares on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

+1

+1

1+

bumb +

Within the Grid you can make grooves and swing to your liking (by shaping the phase signal). But then you have to move your drums into the Grid as well, which might not be compatible with some workflows.
But changing workflows can boost the creativity...
I would vote for some timing grid distortion (per track)... Ableton users will not get their head around it...(except for the Max programmers ; - )

Nevertheless a groovepool would be nice... instead of some wonky workarounds...

A groove pool wouldn´t be only for timing but for velocity too... most of Ableton´s groovepool files have velocity manipulation which is simply part of "the sound"

the sense from groove pool is groove ,not creativy. :lol:

meh.. yeah maybe...

I don't believe that by changing one's tool or workflow you can boost creativity or get "inspired" as some people say, you can have fun but ideas come and go unexpectedly. That isn't to say it can't have some effect, but creativity and inspiration comes from one's mind and imagination, not from the tools themselves.

As for Groovepool...well, what does exactly that do? Is that something for performance?

CasualHobbyist wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:57 pm I don't believe that by changing one's tool or workflow you can boost creativity or get "inspired" as some people say, you can have fun but ideas come and go unexpectedly. That isn't to say it can't have some effect, but creativity and inspiration comes from one's mind and imagination, not from the tools themselves.

As for Groovepool...well, what does exactly that do? Is that something for performance?
I used to use DNA Groove Templates in Emagic's Logic back in the day. Groove quantization was used to give midi sequences more of a (good drummer, for example) human, or in some cases a specific machine's (MPC for example), feel. It was alright.

"Groove pool" is a parameter section in Ableton Live that lets you modify Grooves. Live has many Grooves to choose from and you can also extract grooves from performances and apply them to midi or audio. Read about it here if you want to: https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/using-grooves/
-JH

Return to “Bitwig”