Bitwig Studio 3 No midi Out !!!!!!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great news. 3.0.3 fixed an old bug. I'm sure big piano roll overhaul is around the corner. :tu:

Still not working for me :(
----------------------------
- Summer

summer26 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:05 pm Still not working for me :(
Are you tracking your issue with the support? Did you tell the support that 3.0.3 did not fix your issue?

No, I told them that 3.0 didn't work for me. But I've kinda just given up on the app for now.
- Summer

Please take the time to follow up with the support we'll investigate further then.

So after thinking this was Bitwig’s fault I have narrowed the issue down to the Windows 10 May update. I reinstalled a windows 10 had everything working again and then after installing the May update I had broken midi output from bitwig a 2nd time.

I have moved to Windows 7 service pack 1 and everything works perfect with Bitwig now.

I’m still on build 1608 though.
- Summer

Yeah never mind it’s broken again even on windows 7, so strange.

I sent the below message to support.

If others are having the same problem please file a support ticket, this seems like an issue with the way Bitwig is handling ASIO drivers and midi.

———————-

I would love to collect data for my midi output issues in Bitwig. I’ve installed Windows 7 and Windows server 2019 and Bitwig version 3 has the same midi output problems in all of them. Let me describe the issues: When first launching bitwig and selecting my ASIO driver (Rednet PCI-E Dante device), midi output to all my devices works flawlessly. After a few minutes all midi output stops working but midi input from my controllers works fine. I also own Ableton and Personous Studio 1 and both programs can have stable midi output channels for over an hour and never stop functioning as when I use bitwig. When midi output stops working sometimes, not all the time, if I switch to WASPI and then back to my ASIO drivers midi output will briefly work again. I cannot work in WASPI since my audio card for production does not support it. I would love to gather any additional information you might need to root cause this issue as I hate going back to primarily producing in Ableton. I believe this is an issue other users have been seeing based on the comments on the KVR bitwig forum. I seriously love Bitwig thanks for making such an excellent piece of software.

I just tried sending midi from Bitwig to Ableton Live on macOS via a IAC Device and this also isn't working properly

So I have a response from bitwig support and their fix worked for me so I would recommend others turn off the ASIO clock settings under your audio configuration. After doing this I’m back to my Bitwig 2.5 midi stability.

—————-

“In order to provide absolutely accurate timing, Bitwig Studio 3 now relies on the timing provided by the ASIO driver instead of using internal timing from its engine, as in previous versions and most other hosts. Some ASIO drivers unfortunately don't provide reliable timing over the ASIO protocol and this messes up the relation between midi and audio timing. For those drivers there's the option to "Override Driver Timing" in the Bitwig Studio audio settings, so that it relies on the internal timing as in previous versions and midi should work fine.”

I got it working in the demo. Its tricky. You have to use the HW Instrument plugin and then make sure its all setup correctly. Not my favorite way of handling things. I wish it was just built into the normal instrument track.

It’s broken again for me in 3.1.3. I think I might be done with Bitwig. It’s fine when working with plugins. Brilliant. But I run a hybrid studio and it’s been broken on and off since last November for me. I spend more time trying to figure out what’s wrong than I do using it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

What’s broken? I am running a lot of external midi synths and have never had an issue (win 10) what is it you guys are seeing? Is your hardware not showing up in bitwig so you can’t
select it? Could it be related to your midi interface driver? It must be something specific as I assume midi out is working for the vast majority of people?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:01 am What’s broken? I am running a lot of external midi synths and have never had an issue (win 10) what is it you guys are seeing? Is your hardware not showing up in bitwig so you can’t
select it? Could it be related to your midi interface driver? It must be something specific as I assume midi out is working for the vast majority of people?
Everything shows up in the UI just fine. It’s just that no MIDI seems to leave Bitwig, or I should say pass though. It goes in just fine. I see the MIDI indicators light. Plugins work just fine. A MIDI clip will spit out MIDI to hardware instruments. I should say, “No MIDI passes though” but I should double check that because this is a new instance of this issue.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Bitwig”