Bitwig Studio 3 No midi Out !!!!!!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a MOTU 128 and it looks like I don't have midi out either.

I had problems in 3.0 betas loading older projects, no sequenced MIDI would play, if I dragged my MIDI device group into a new project it would work. IIRC, turning audio engine off and on sometimes re-enabled MIDI.

Very late edit: it looks like most of the issues I ran into were the result of one of my keyboards outputting some CC #7 (Volume) automation, setting it to 0 at the beginning of my tracks. My MIDI controller hasn't acted up lately, either. I guess I'm good.

--

Add me to the list of people having significant problems with hardware instruments. Blew away my settings and started over and it hasn't helped much. Restarting the audio engine seems to bring things back but I've found myself having to multiple times per session. Tracks just stop outputting MIDI. I've also found that I've needed to unplug and plug in my MIDI controller with Bitwig running to get it working sometimes.

The weird thing is that I didn't have these issues with the beta.
Last edited by fierywater on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

When you encounter such issues, please, send a message to support@bitwig.com with your OS, audio interface and driver model.

If you are on Windows, please try with ASIO and WASAPI, check if it makes a difference and mention it to the support.

Many thanks.

I used the support form on their website.
----------------------------
- Summer

I'm also having problems with this bug. It occurs when my cpu loads gets to heavy. When I switch from ASIO to WASAPI I can't recreate the problem. I'm using a Saffire Pro 24 (firewire). Got in touch with with Bitwig and provided them with as much information as possible, hope this problem will be history soon! :D

I did and haven’t heard from them since.
- Summer

summer26 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:48 pm I did and haven’t heard from them since.
Did you send them an email directly?

support@bitwig.com

Yep. They said I should use wasapi and I responded my sound card only supported ASIO and gave them my full setup details. Since then no response. No hardware midi makes the app unusable for me.
- Summer

summer26 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:46 pm Yep. They said I should use wasapi and I responded my sound card only supported ASIO and gave them my full setup details. Since then no response. No hardware midi makes the app unusable for me.
Send a reply to them again...

I'm also chatting to support on this, they suggested it might be a bug with UAD ASIO driver, but if it is happening with Saffire Pro 24 as well, that might not be the case.

It's a weird one, MIDI does work in the context of a project I load, but if I make a new project and drag the same device group in via a saved clip, MIDI works.

Long time Bitwig user, I use a babyface pro and had issues all weekend after switching to 3.0

I submitted a technical report to Bitwig and asked for a download link for 2.5, definitely a deal breaker.

Wow, that's really surprising. Most of my work involves sending MIDI to and from Bitwig via outboard equipment but I haven't encountered any issues with MIDI Output in Bitwig 3. That said, most of my hardware is connected to MIDI interfaces which communicate via ethernet (copperlan). I'll have to check if I can reproduce the problem via USB MIDI.

Are we on 3.0.2 and this is not fixed? I'm not purchasing an upgrade if I cant use my hardware. I'm also keen to see if 3.1 is really going to be a composer focused midi upgrade or not.

As of today we are now on 3.0.3 and MIDI is now perfect for me.

This after not working at all from 3.0 onward then the while working, but with the timing being broken in 3.0.2.

Return to “Bitwig”