Bitwig Studio 3 No midi Out !!!!!!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

Since Bitwig Studio 3 update midi out to external devices not working!!!!!

Any advice? Is anyone sure same thing?

Looking for any reply,

Thank's
Best

Just confirmed!!

I installed 2.5.1 and YES there is midi out !!!!

The same here, it should be beta version 12. I quit the summer promotion I stay at 2.5.1. until I finish all the projects and go to Ableton.

Hi I am on V3 and sending midi out to my Matrixbrute
and it works ok

Cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi Kev Hi aproject

Kev Windows 10 or OSX ?

Aproject Windows 10 or OSX ?

Best,

Mojave , focusrite 18i20 as midi interface.

aproject wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:31 pm The same here, it should be beta version 12. I quit the summer promotion I stay at 2.5.1. until I finish all the projects and go to Ableton.
Bye
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hi

I'm on Windows 10 with Motu midi express 128 also my FireFace 400 midi as no midi in Bitwig 3 :(

I never will get it how it works on 2 but no on 3 same program code wise, also Cubase pro 10 as toon of bugs but 9.5 works great what this is intended to buzz around.....

Sorry if i insulted anyone, that was not the idea :)

My belief in FREEZING my studio pc in time is the is stronger now, the best i can do to avoid these problems.

I'm not able to reproduce this problem in Windows 10 or MacOS Mojave.
I don't have a MOTU MIDI Express or a RME interface but MIDI out via HW Instrument device is working with the MIDI interfaces I have used (Nektar, ESI, Alyseum).

Is it just Note data that isn't getting through or is it not passing other data?
Last edited by justin3am on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi im on windows 10 64 bit with focusrite 8i6
and have no midi problems

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

I was also able to get MIDI out from a MOTU 828mk3's MIDI output.

I have had problems with midi out in all the betas (and v3) and have reported it to bitwig dev but they can't replicate. Try switching to wasapi from asio and see if that works for you. If it does try changing your asio settings (sample rate, buffer size). I have found that an asio sample rate of 48000 only crashes midi occasionally but 44100 doesnt work at all for me. ymmv.

Did anyone of you tried to rebuild Bitwig's profile on your machine? In several cases (but especially after some updates) my profile got corrupt and BWS's behavior became very strange (in one rare case it even happened that Diatonic Transposer suddenly changed notes to incorrect values causing horrible sounding chords...).
Someone (or me) should suggest Bitwig to add a hint somewhere how and when to rebuild this profile. It often helps... and especially if there are machines without problems and - on the same OS - machines with such errors it looks like this phenomenon.

Great. I bought Bitwig to ride the hype and here's an immediate show stopper.
----------------------------
- Summer

Return to “Bitwig”