Bitwig Users: Do you use Bitwig's Sampler for all your sampling needs?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

Bitwig users: What sampler do you use:

Poll ended at Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Bitwig's Sampler
83%
Other (state in comments)
17%

Total votes: 18

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig users: Do you use Bitwig's Sampler for all your sampling needs (besides for pre-made libraries like Kontakt player stuff). If not, what do you use and why?

Kontakt

Reason: Timestretch

No, but It's the software sampler I use almost exclusively inside my DAW. I also use an Ensoniq EPS for it's gritty character/sample rates/convertors, an Emu E4XT Ultra for it's character/convertors/filters/FX/modulation/auto functions and more, and an Akai S950 for it's character/convertors/old school time stretch and filter. I also have access to, whenever I want, an Emu SP1200 but it's non-operational at the moment. Poor thing.

The VST's available in their various forms that are supposed to emulate old hardware sampler characteristics don't cut it to my ears, not even close, so that's another reason I still use hardware. Yes, the older ones are slow.
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:52 pm No, but It's the software sampler I use almost exclusively inside my DAW. I also use an Ensoniq EPS for it's gritty character/sample rates/convertors, an Emu E4XT Ultra for it's character/convertors/filters/FX/modulation/auto functions and more, and an Akai S950 for it's character/convertors/old school time stretch and filter. I also have access to, whenever I want, an Emu SP1200 but it's non-operational at the moment. Poor thing.

The VST's available in their various forms that are supposed to emulate old hardware sampler characteristics don't cut it to my ears, not even close, so that's another reason I still use hardware. Yes, the older ones are slow.
Nice. I used to have an ASR-10 in the '90s. I loved that thing. I made whole records just using that. I remember it had a time stretch mode and it would literally take hours to process and then sound pretty crappy. ha.

jeffb01 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:57 pm
JHernandez wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:52 pm No, but It's the software sampler I use almost exclusively inside my DAW. I also use an Ensoniq EPS for it's gritty character/sample rates/convertors, an Emu E4XT Ultra for it's character/convertors/filters/FX/modulation/auto functions and more, and an Akai S950 for it's character/convertors/old school time stretch and filter. I also have access to, whenever I want, an Emu SP1200 but it's non-operational at the moment. Poor thing.

Nice. I used to have an ASR-10 in the '90s. I loved that thing. I made whole records just using that. I remember it had a time stretch mode and it would literally take hours to process and then sound pretty crappy. ha.
I never had that one. I used to have an Ensoniq ASR Pro but then the E4XT line came along and I went with that. I should have kept it. I love samplers. :D

After I run whatever sounds through these old machines I clean the samples in software (hiss) and into a software (now Bitwig's) sampler they go for convenience, speed and then some if needed.
Last edited by JHernandez on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-JH

In a way that isn’t possible to answer correctly. I use both, depending on other parts of a given tool. But for the straight forward simple use case I use the Bitwig Sampler within the Grid... I tried Halion, but that monster has a steep learning curve. I do love Padshop for granular joy, way easier than Halion which in theory could do the same. ESX24 is too much hassle to route into Bitwig. I did play around with Equator, but to prepare sfz code is holding me back...
I got Halion to support my decision to never learn Kontakt...; - )
The Grid is healing my GAS, I will concentrate on that including sampling...

Kontakt

Different Timestrech modes, build in fx (i use mostly distortion fx)
If I pitch kicks from F# to C# (for example) it still sounds right
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

Yes, at the moment I only use Sampler as a sampler and I find myself excellently, simple and versatile. :)

gennaro
Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

Only bitwig sampler for me.

Use kontakt player for some og their packs (session horns for example).

I find that the BWS sampler in combination with BWS note fx and audio fx gives me all I need. But then again I might not be the most advanced sampler user.

I really like Bliss by DiscoDSP for different more creative samples. I do use Bitwig Sampler but Multi-Sampler for Waveform 10 is still my favorite.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

Return to “Bitwig”