I kinda wish there was a scaler curve built-in to every input of the grid

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So we have the curve module in the grid which is nice for scaling expression inputs, but a few of those really clutters things up. I wish there was a curve built in to every input (or output maybe?) that shows up in the side panel. Wouldn't that make things neater? I'm not saying don't have a curve module, that's fine, but a way to scale modulations in the side panel for each connection would really save space. What do you think?

Great idea, all for getting rid of clutter.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

That would be really nice.

+1

I would seriously love this. rebuilding these all the time with MPE+ROLI.

Ok then troops, now that I’ve received some validation on the idea, go forth and request! As will I.

But do you think it makes more sense for it to be a setting for outputs or inputs? It it is for an input it would scale all incoming modulations as set in the curve whereas as a setting for an output it would scale all outgoing modulations of that particular expression or modulator. Or better yet, maybe it’s a setting for a connection (a wire), so when that wire is selected the curve is shown in the side panel. This way it’s unique to every mod/target pairing. What do you think? Is that the best thing to request?

Very nice idea. It has to be the input. The same source should be able to be curved differently for different destinations.
On a side note, this is a bit about gaining real estate. As a curve will eat some cycles, this needs to be a switchable option. Like a hidden included curve object. Would be nice to have that especially for the modulator object...

It might waste some CPU resources though. But, depending on implementation, if it's just an option that can be turned on and only then be processed by CPU, then it might be ok.

Good idea, but wouldn't the more elegant solution be a container device within the Grid? That way you could group commonly used grid devices together.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:59 am Ok then troops, now that I’ve received some validation on the idea, go forth and request! As will I.

But do you think it makes more sense for it to be a setting for outputs or inputs? It it is for an input it would scale all incoming modulations as set in the curve whereas as a setting for an output it would scale all outgoing modulations of that particular expression or modulator. Or better yet, maybe it’s a setting for a connection (a wire), so when that wire is selected the curve is shown in the side panel. This way it’s unique to every mod/target pairing. What do you think? Is that the best thing to request?
I kinda like the wire idea

The thing is, connections and wires aren't currently selectable, which you would need in order to see settings about them on the side panel. So I guess that would be a significant change maybe? I don't if that would affect usability in other ways. I mean I guess it could also be good if the modules were collapsible like devices are in the device row at the bottom, so that in effect they slim down and declutter the view.

Return to “Bitwig”