Beta7 quits before launch on Mac

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you so much xbitz!
You saved me, it worked perfect!

FWIW, it seems to work fine for me on macOS 10.14.4 Mojave. I can only echo what others have suggested... I always rename my betas "Bitwig Studio 3.0 beta 7" or whatever. It's really easy to do that in macOS!
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

dveble wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:49 am
Jolaff wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:14 am "Hey guyzzz, we are proud to deliver the new beta 7 just before our summer vacations ....have funnn ...seee yaaaa ....bye !" :hihi:

...joke

Older versions : https://www.bitwig.com/en/previous_releases
Hmmm...
If i try to download
I'm getting "403 Forbidden" all the time?
Probably because you are not logged into your account at the top right of the page.... you have to have an active 12 month plan to download betas...

Hey xbitz!
I'll give it a try! Thanks alot!
EDIT: it works. Bitwig starts up now. Rather heavy CPU spikes though... (using the Grid) and therefore clicks @256samples
Last edited by sVendetta on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No problems here. Win7

Jolaff wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:59 pm
dveble wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:49 am
Jolaff wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:14 am "Hey guyzzz, we are proud to deliver the new beta 7 just before our summer vacations ....have funnn ...seee yaaaa ....bye !" :hihi:

...joke

Older versions : https://www.bitwig.com/en/previous_releases
Hmmm...
If i try to download
I'm getting "403 Forbidden" all the time?
Probably because you are not logged into your account at the top right of the page.... you have to have an active 12 month plan to download betas...
Doesnt work even if you are logged in ands have a valid subscription. Only works for current non beta versions.

I keep getting a forbidden when I try to read the release notes. Anyone else? I guess it's related. And yes, I have a valid subscription and yes, I'm logged in.

Changes in Bitwig Studio 3.0, Beta 7

NEW FEATURES

Added manual mapping actions for Activate, Deactivate, Toggle Active, and Activate Exclusively of a track or group track header

IMPROVEMENTS

• Envelope modules: all time segments now have the same range, allowing them to be very, very fast
• Various parameters (including pre-cords) now use their default values when replacing unrelated modules
• Various mode-setting parameters are now modulated monophonically[/list]

FIXES

• Engine crashes when browsing through presets, etc.
• Elastique Solo could break when used with a buffer size of 1024 frames
• Lowpass LD module (Filter): modulation amount knob was in the wrong domain
• FX Grid initially showed the audio out module with the wrong size in the overview
• Only one cord would reconnect after module delete or module reorder
• Strange state after replacing filter module
• Crash when dragging position field in the inspector when clip loop region was selected
• Double-click to zoom to the duration of an Arranger Clip didn't always set the correct position
• Rare audio engine crashes when closing projects and activating for another project in quick succession
• Shortcut to Toggle Automation Shown For Selected Tracks did not work as expected
• Dragging a time selection of MIDI CC automation and dropping it onto a track that did not have a lane created for that CC would crash
• Manually mapped parameters in a project could still be active even though that project's tab was not selected
• VST 2 versions of u-he plug-ins would crash when loading a u-he preset (H2P file)

REGRESSIONS

• Crash when dragging position field in the inspector when clip loop region was selected
• Certain values in the clip editor couldn't be change properly in the Inspector Panel
• Steps modulator: Note / Advance mode was broken

xbitz wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:43 pm the error is
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Bitwig Studio 2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcocoa-windowing-system.jnilib: dlopen(/Applications/Bitwig Studio 2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcocoa-windowing-system.jnilib, 1): Library not loaded: @loader_path/../Frameworks/libbz2.1.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Bitwig Studio 2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libfreetype.6.dylib
Reason: Incompatible library version: libfreetype.6.dylib requires version 1.0.0 or later, but libbz2.1.0.dylib provides version 0.0.0
delete it from the app (/Applications/Bitwig Studio 2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libfreetype.6.dylib) and install a new one using brew
brew install freetypye
brew unlink freetype && brew link freetype
and done, or just wait till the BWS guys fix it, and happy testing ... :roll: :D
That hack seems to work, thanks a lot. I would like to understand how. I guess if the freetype framework is not in the Bitwig binary it will grab it from the system. But what does the unlink and link commands actually do?

edit: it did work on may Macbook Air, but did not on my Mac Pro.
After the "brew unlink freetype && brew link freetype" command I got an error:
No such keg: /usr/local/Cellar/freetype

Update: there was another error message, which pointed to permissions in usr/local/...
changing these and redoing all made it work on the Pro as well...

As users we don't want to hack around... :cry:

^^^ it just simply symlinks the installed package (located in /usr/local/Cellar) to /usr/local, nothing special, to able to use it ( drop it to the browser to able to see those packages which have been installed by brew, file:///usr/local/Cellar/ ) >>> https://docs.brew.sh/Tips-N'-Tricks
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

So if I would have done the installation of freetype with sudo, it would have worked from the start. Messing with permissions is kind of shaky, I better put those permissions back to its original...

Thanks for the revision list.

Thankyoulord for beta8

Changes in Bitwig Studio 3.0, Beta 8

Improvements:
Oscilloscope module (Display): now defaults to show the Last voice played (which can be switched to summed All voices)
Added notes to various module's documentation
Rolled back AM/RM module (Level) to original behavior
Fixes
Crash when shift-clicking devices in mixer when the track inspector is opened from the device chain "header area"
Fixed possible crashes with touch interactions
Regressions
3.0 Beta 7 - didn't start on many macOS machines
3.0 Beta 7 - sometimes skipped every nth iteration of a clip loop when arrangement looped was enabled (also depending on block-size)

Return to “Bitwig”