Bitwig is mind boggling stupid with Controller scripts.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If they would have kept phyton support I think that Stray from Nativekontrol (people using Live know him) would be for sure writing payed scripts for Bitwig.
When I told him about phyton support in Bitwig he seemed really interested.
Don't know why they dropped it.

Hey guys Ive already coded a couple small apps that connect with bitwig through the controller api ( a touchscreen controller and a multi-track note display ) both of which I did during my off time as a full-time developer.... And Ive had this project idea for the longest time but I just know it's gonna take a bunch of time, and it's complicated right now for me to put that much time on it just for fun.... But I actually thought of quitting my job and doing some crowdfunding for.it if there's enough interest from users, the idea is this:

I want to create a multi-platform GUI tool to create controller scripts, where you have a visual representation of the controller, and you can assign either individual controls, rows, columns or matrixes of controls to whatever functions the controller api supports, and also some premade modules, like drum/note sequencers, pinnable macro knobs, MPE inputs, etc...

What do you guys think? Is that something that any of you guys would use?

it sounds really cool.

But is it something you would actually put money on?

well, I think I would. It depends on how well it worked and if I had a midi controller I needed to format.

I think that is a great idea. I could imagine that Bitwig would be interested to include such a tool in the program itself. I have no idea how the sales are going, but maybe its enough to hire you for such a thing...

It's heartbreaking that Bitwig doesn't seem to play nicely with SL MKIII out of the box. :scared:

kpv wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:39 am It's heartbreaking that Bitwig doesn't seem to play nicely with SL MKIII out of the box. :scared:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpemqOpg1M
Did you try this one from Moss?

I would like to second the Nektar P4 or P6 - these work great in Bitwig ... however they do not work great with Ableton Live out of the box. This really bothered me for a bit but now that I have push 2 i don't really care. The P4 and P6 also work great in Cubase and Reason. So if you multi-DAW Nektar is a no brainer.

u-u-u wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:08 pm
kpv wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:39 am It's heartbreaking that Bitwig doesn't seem to play nicely with SL MKIII out of the box. :scared:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpemqOpg1M
Did you try this one from Moss?
What would Bitwig do without Moss? Without him controller support would be a ghost town. The manufacturers would never make something that complete.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Return to “Bitwig”