3 modules I would love to see . . .

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3 modules I would love to see in the Grid:

1. Signal Delay (Like for delaying gates and trigs etc, just for the overall groove)

2. Sequential Switch (Yes, I know about -Merge- & -Select- but I would love a proper Sequential Switch module

3. Curve Sequencer (like the Curve Sequencer in Reaktors Kodiak blocks)

Cheers! :party:

Lol, sorry, just found the Signal Delay! ;-) All pass delay!

SpaceTraffic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:29 pm Lol, sorry, just found the Signal Delay! ;-) All pass delay!
what you actually needed is Lag module, it's both in Level and Phase sections (I don't know why there's 2 of them, should work same way regardless of Uni or Bi directional signal). Or you could simply use Long Delay, since it doesn't have feedback function and literally just delays the signal to specified time (synced or not).

as for the rest, Gates is a switch sequencer. For Curve sequencer, you can kinda build one and it's generally called Multiple Segment Envelope Generator, but yeah dedicated module would be much less hassle. Already been requested many times here.

Thanks you for the help, appreciate it! On the sequential switch thing: I was messing around with Merge and found out how to use 4 steps (inputs) and not mixing between them, however the time spent on each step was lagging... like really quick on input one and then jumped to input 2,3,4 in normal time... felt little 'wrong'. yeah the segment curve you talk about is the buchla stuff right? and easel... that would be nice thou! Have a good week!

SpaceTraffic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:27 pm 3 modules I would love to see in the Grid:
Attached is a very basic curve sequencer/ shape sequencer I recently built in Bitwig Grid. However, similar to what you've mentioned, the timing sometimes seems to be slightly off. Not sure what that's about.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The three I would like to see:
1. Feedback Enabler (FBE) which would do the same as the long delay set to shortest time, and would be inserted automatically if you want to patch a feedback... It would waste only a single grid real estate space...
2. on all in/out midi receivers like velocity, pressure, timbre added a modulation arrow. (In most cases I use the modulation device anyway for these, would save another grid space)
3. a phase-2 and phase-3 oscillator to be able to replicate all original DX7 algorithms... (very low priority)

bboxdw wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:11 am
SpaceTraffic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:27 pm 3 modules I would love to see in the Grid:
Attached is a very basic curve sequencer/ shape sequencer I recently built in Bitwig Grid. However, similar to what you've mentioned, the timing sometimes seems to be slightly off. Not sure what that's about.
Kool, just made a patch and used LFO to do the merge... think timing was better with that...

Nice curve sequencer!

The module I most crave at the moment is a variable slope bandpass + bandstop filter that can go up to e.g. 48db per octave slope. I think a lot of modern sound design (especially neuro etc.) makes heavy use of moving notch & bandpass filters and this is hard to achieve in The Grid at the moment. I had an idea for an all-in-one bandpass/bandstop filter with a Morph control that goes from bandstop at -100% to flat at 0% to bandpass at 100%, which would be really nice for sound design, but I'm not sure whether it makes sense DSP wise :D

One module I will trade for any of other modules is MSEG. I just can’t understand how it’s possible to release Grid without MSEG...

There's already a thread for collective module suggestions:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=524989

also one with Tips and Tricks, which may help in absence of certain modules:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=524915

SpaceTraffic wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:51 pm
bboxdw wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:11 am
Kool, just made a patch and used LFO to do the merge... think timing was better with that...

Nice curve sequencer!
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you found a way to get slightly better timing. Replacing the phase in module with an LFO is a great idea--I'll have to tinker w/ that. I'd still love to see a shape/curve sequencer or mseg module in the grid, but am glad we have other options in the meantime.

Return to “Bitwig”