Bitwig 3.1 Composer-Focused Update: Top-3 Wishes Poll

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A modulator receiver (is there a way already?) so we can get a modulator data from another track.

I guess wrong thread!
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

jonljacobi wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:13 pm
Beerhunter wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:31 am i would love to see...

1. Group editing
2. a Slider so select the amount of detected Transients, for each Audio-Track

thanks
I thought there was group editing already.

yeah i guess that was my fault. I.e. if i would be able to select the amount of onsets to be only 8th notes, i would love to have a Grou editing function, which enables me to just copy these settings to all of the other tracks inside this group.

hopefully it´s a little more specific now...

Macros on Group tracks that are assignable from parameters in child tracks. Or from any track to any track even better.
Global snaphsots for all parameters like Maschine
Bounce drum pads in place (turn whatever instruments were there into sampler instrument with assignable number of velocity layers)
Reversible bounce (like Studio One - convert from instruments to audio and back, even after moving and cutting clips etc.)
Don't change the midi channel that was recorded in when using mpe mode.
Fix digital input lag
Finish the screen functions so you can actually do everthing

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:29 pm Don't change the midi channel that was recorded in when using mpe mode.
I know its confusing, but if you set in the channel inspector the midi channel to „all -> same“ it does not change the channel anymore...

Beerhunter wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:18 pm
jonljacobi wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:13 pm
Beerhunter wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:31 am i would love to see...

1. Group editing
2. a Slider so select the amount of detected Transients, for each Audio-Track

thanks
I thought there was group editing already.

yeah i guess that was my fault. I.e. if i would be able to select the amount of onsets to be only 8th notes, i would love to have a Grou editing function, which enables me to just copy these settings to all of the other tracks inside this group.

hopefully it´s a little more specific now...
I found the transient editing not to my liking. Everything is too small, I don't understand why they separated onsets from stretching, but most of all, it would fail to locate some very obvious onsets when there was too much silence in between. I gave up and I guess it hasn't improved.

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:22 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:29 pm Don't change the midi channel that was recorded in when using mpe mode.
I know its confusing, but if you set in the channel inspector the midi channel to „all -> same“ it does not change the channel anymore...
Yeah I know but as I've discovered lately, that only works for incoming channels that don't overlap the same channel. As soon as you have two notes that overlap on the same channel, Bitwig will change one those channels to another one. Then if you have another note played in on the channel that it changed a previous note to, then it will also change that new note. I was trying to use my linnstrument in channel per row mode with kontakt instruments. The idea was that each row would trigger hammer-on/offs when adjacent notes overlapped, but each row was separate (like a real guitar). However Bitwig screws this up by changing the overlapped notes on the same row to be different channels, which I don't want! I want the incoming midi channels to be preserved when in MPE mode.

-More Piano roll tools like in Fl studio
-More presets and sound packages from real instruments and synths
-Right click automation shape presets like Ableton 10
-VCA faders
-Convolution Reverb

keel wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:02 am Bitwig is just missing one feature and it is midi chase. Highly annoying to compose anything long note things, like pads, fx, raisers and so on. So annoying that I sold my Bitwig license away. If the add midi chase, I would thinking to buy it again :phones:
10000%

retrospective MIDI recording, Midi Chase
Overhaul the Browser a bit, so samples can be dragged to the drum rack quicker
better Pianoroll (show scale, brush, ramp, Blabla)
being able to modulate points and handles of a modulation curve with Modulators :)

Yup, midi chase should not even be considered a feature, it should just work!

Personally I don’t need a lot of the stuff other people are requesting (although it would all be cool to have!) it’s only the lack of effective comping that makes use use other DAWs for certain things. I consider comping an essential for a DAW, not a nice to have.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Default keyboard shortcuts for things like opening the inspector, everything else along the bottom bar. Mouse-over should include the shortcut in the text description. Good defaults are very important.

dirtysnow wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:08 am Default keyboard shortcuts for things like opening the inspector, everything else along the bottom bar. Mouse-over should include the shortcut in the text description. Good defaults are very important.
most of them are obvious imo

i= inspector panel
a= arrange panel
m= mixer panel
e= edit panel
d= device panel
alt b = side browser
shift tab= (large) edit panel layout
tab switches to large mixer with clips view

Those are the basics by default, on a Apple keyboard anyways. Try them.
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:56 pm Those are the basics by default, on a Apple keyboard anyways. Try them.
Thank you!

docbot wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:49 pm retrospective MIDI recording, Midi Chase
Overhaul the Browser a bit, so samples can be dragged to the drum rack quicker
better Pianoroll (show scale, brush, ramp, Blabla)
being able to modulate points and handles of a modulation curve with Modulators :)
the scale is just dropping the scale notes beside the starting position of the clip and folding
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

keel wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:02 am Bitwig is just missing one feature and it is midi chase. Highly annoying to compose anything long note things, like pads, fx, raisers and so on. So annoying that I sold my Bitwig license away. If the add midi chase, I would thinking to buy it again :phones:
I use pads and do not know what midi chase is about. For instance this atmospheric piece has a lot of pads. In what way can midi chase augment the use of pads ?

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/fog

Return to “Bitwig”