Bitwig 3.1 Composer-Focused Update: Top-3 Wishes Poll

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, to sum up, we want every single feature of every DAW ever made adding to Bitwig in 3.1 ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:49 am So, to sum up, we want every single feature of every DAW ever made adding to Bitwig in 3.1 ;-)
You're trivialising it. We want all of it BUT executed and implemented in a unique, Bitwig-way with some clever and unusual twist, like all the things they've done so far ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yeah, why not when there are so many cool features in other DAW's to take inspiration from. :party:

Main priority should be to improve the GUI performance though. Sometimes it feels like I'm working through a remote PC.

antic604 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:05 am
SLiC wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:49 am So, to sum up, we want every single feature of every DAW ever made adding to Bitwig in 3.1 ;-)
You're trivialising it. We want all of it BUT executed and implemented in a unique, Bitwig-way with some clever and unusual twist, like all the things they've done so far ;) :D
:D Yeh, not only that, but I also want them to introduce things I didn’t even know I wanted like they did with the pop up browser.

At the time I was surprised they bothered when there seemed to be so many people screaming for other features, now I think it’s one of Bitwig’s best features!

It’s almost like the Developers know what they are doing and have a plan :wink:

But in the spirit of the thread, I would be happy with a comping/looping hybrid that works with audio, midi and automation :tu: Live comping, different enough!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Don't know, if I already mentioned, but I would love to bounce down drum machine tracks separately in one go )

Trigger clips with drum-pad behaviour i.e non-latching. This is something I remember being able to do with my APC20 in Live but Bitwig cannot? It was so useful and offered lots of rhythmic creativity.

pinki wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:59 pm Trigger clips with drum-pad behaviour i.e non-latching. This is something I remember being able to do with my APC20 in Live but Bitwig cannot? It was so useful and offered lots of rhythmic creativity.
well you can actually do this... you need to turn off the loop on each clip( select a clip or multiple and in the inspector panel disable the loop icon button), that will make it play once and then stop, then if you want to play them ritmically you need to turn off launch quantization ( click the PLAY button on the top left corner, and set "launch quantisation" to off )

Puddi wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:23 pm Yeah, why not when there are so many cool features in other DAW's to take inspiration from. :party:

Main priority should be to improve the GUI performance though. Sometimes it feels like I'm working through a remote PC.
completely agree... next steps should be GUI perf

alexpen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:25 am Don't know, if I already mentioned, but I would love to bounce down drum machine tracks separately in one go )
I read this in Christopher Walken's voice.

brunomolteni wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:09 pm
pinki wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:59 pm Trigger clips with drum-pad behaviour i.e non-latching. This is something I remember being able to do with my APC20 in Live but Bitwig cannot? It was so useful and offered lots of rhythmic creativity.
well you can actually do this... you need to turn off the loop on each clip( select a clip or multiple and in the inspector panel disable the loop icon button), that will make it play once and then stop, then if you want to play them ritmically you need to turn off launch quantization ( click the PLAY button on the top left corner, and set "launch quantisation" to off )
Thanks...yay!

Ah- actually not- because the clip will play until the end as a one shot. Live would somehow stop the clip when you lifted off the play button. I can't find a way to do this in BW

COMPOSER and PLAYER FEATURES .
yes!
1.additive automation 100% -not 50%
2.recording additive automation with extern controller or push 2
3.realtime groove quantizing user templates in track inspector
4.automations clips without synth preset loading
5.sound snapshots für synths -mixing -fx per track for scenes
6.recording fx and vst parameters from extern controllers without midi-in automation recording
7.load bitwigpreset without plugin-gui presence
8.parameter step automation like additive automation

sorry if already requested, i haven't read all way through...

...but would love Mpc style "note repeat" . :-)

i would love to see...

1. Group editing
2. a Slider so select the amount of detected Transients, for each Audio-Track

thanks

Bitwig is just missing one feature and it is midi chase. Highly annoying to compose anything long note things, like pads, fx, raisers and so on. So annoying that I sold my Bitwig license away. If the add midi chase, I would thinking to buy it again :phones:

Beerhunter wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:31 am i would love to see...

1. Group editing
2. a Slider so select the amount of detected Transients, for each Audio-Track

thanks
I thought there was group editing already.

Return to “Bitwig”