Bitwig 3.1 Composer-Focused Update: Top-3 Wishes Poll

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All thoses top 3 are both inspiring and just great.

I really hope BW Support are summing them up. Is this an official forum / do they have some insid Moderator / Admin supervising and reporting to the DevOps at Bitwig Gmbh?

Zacchino wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:34 am All thoses top 3 are both inspiring and just great.

I really hope BW Support are summing them up. Is this an official forum / do they have some insid Moderator / Admin supervising and reporting to the DevOps at Bitwig Gmbh?
There is no guarantee that Bitwig will read a thread in this forum. So feature requests should also be sent to:

support@bitwig.com

Now that the Grid is in place we could have the Rack area visualized in a Grid connectivity fashion.
The Rack zone can get quite deep and you can easily get lost.

Visualized at least, but interactive superbly better.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

pdxindy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:38 pm
There is no guarantee that Bitwig will read a thread in this forum. So feature requests should also be sent to:

support@bitwig.com

No worries, once BW3 goes official I'll find some spare time to compile and sumup all the answers properly to BW's DevOps directly.

My wish-list would contain the following:

- Vertical Zoom for the arranger view (like in the piano-roll with "ctrl"+mousewheel/trackpad)
- Aux channel with sends (feedback possibilities)
- comping for recorded audio/midi
- ARA support
- native support for hw devices equipped with more than 8 knobs/faders
- show/hide expanded view shortcut (sampler/grid)
- show/hide plugin windows shortcut (Logic Pro X uses "v" for that)
- bitwig native devices can only be opened from the devices page, all other plug-ins can be opened from
the mixer and the info panel (little square on the right)
- minimal latency when playing live even though project latency is set high (Studio One 4 does this very
impressively)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Top three.

sVendetta wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:10 am - Vertical Zoom for the arranger view
- comping for recorded audio/midi
Vertical Zoom is a must in 2019.

But Comping for Midi... This is a simple, yet genius idea. I'd love that too!

Comping for everything. Though I never use it. I liked the automation clip idea I saw somewhere here. I’d like to see groove clips as well. How about any kind of info as a clip?

Dim solo feature is what I want for bigwig.

Basically, dim solo is another solo mode, when it's actiivated, unsoloed tracks become quite, not complete silence.

So you can listen to the soloed track within a context. This is very handy for mixing and sound making.

Sonar/Cakewalk has feature and I believe similar functionality is available in reaper and Cubase.

stufflin wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:07 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Tempo Mapping... allows one to play a without a metronome and then the DAW will create a tempo map that matches what one plays and then that can be used to conform other tracks to that tempo.
YES!!

+1

Does that feature exist somewhere?
I work gridless because of this.
Also wondering! Is it correct that Bitwig currently has no efficient way to arrive at tempo maps for a project that begins with pre recorded audio with fluid/loose/metronome-unfriendly tempo? If not, gets my vote for 3.1 feature request.

ohwell wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:10 pm
stufflin wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:07 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Tempo Mapping... allows one to play a without a metronome and then the DAW will create a tempo map that matches what one plays and then that can be used to conform other tracks to that tempo.
YES!!

+1

Does that feature exist somewhere?
I work gridless because of this.
Also wondering! Is it correct that Bitwig currently has no efficient way to arrive at tempo maps for a project that begins with pre recorded audio with fluid/loose/metronome-unfriendly tempo? If not, gets my vote for 3.1 feature request.
+1 and +1 again :)

Amfi wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:04 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm
Amfi wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:07 am Just try it. It doesn't work with a surface pen (talking about pen, not touch here)

It does work with a Wacom pen display though, where the pen emulates a mouse.

DAW work with a pen is awesome. Check out how e.g. Stimming works in his studio. It's how I work too and it's so much faster than using a mouse.
In Settings / Behaviour there's an option for pen gestures - have you tried toggling it?

Yes, unfortunately it doesn't solve the issue.
Yeah unfortunately clicking the setting to ignore pen gestures doesn't do much good because it introduces a delay between when you press the screen with the pen and when it registers, meaning you can't do things like grabbing a node of automation or dragging note brackets to extend a note, or extending a clip or anything else. So that setting isn't useful. Other programs don't have this problem, so report it to support.
You can grab a clip with a finger and then use the pen to extend it when that setting is off. More awkward needing two fingers rather than one though.

So many great requests on this thread. I'm particularly interested in these:
pdxindy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:27 pm Tempo Mapping
Automation Clips
antic604 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:20 pm - alias/linked clips
- stretching of audio & MIDI clips on the timeline
- automation editing like Live is adding in 10.1
- MIDI chase
- retrospective MIDI recording
- MSEG modulator
- step recording
I would add to these Global Modulators. Peace :phones:

Geist 2/Vitamin Audio Stochastic style multi midi lane length 8 channel sequencing with seperate time divisions per channel and step input and upgrade to the grid's arpeggiator to rule all sequencers officially by integrating the grid entirely with the multi lane length varied/multi time division midi sequencer.

Linked clips is a no-brainer for me. It makes everything so much faster it's not even funny.

And to throw in a random one I'll say 'Subprojects' like in Reaper. It's a killer feature and
we already have tabbed projects so it kind of makes sense.
sVendetta wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:10 am - minimal latency when playing live even though project latency is set high (Studio One 4 does this very
impressively)
+1

Same with Reaper. It's like magic.

Return to “Bitwig”