Suggestions for improvement on Bitwig 3's Grid

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:27 am Seems to me the S/H LFO in 'hold' mode is not working correctly. It seems to go back and forth between 2 states in a narrow range and is not random... I'd say its buggy
Sample and hold has nothing to do with random, and never had. The result just sounds like random if the rate you sample a high frequency has no ratio to it in classical modular patches. If there is a fixed rational relation between the rate you sample and the signal you sample you could even have always the same result...
In short: its a feature...

benshurts wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:17 am python node or something similar
+1
At least some kind of math module to type in formulas - no not at least, we need both. Could also be javascript like the scripter in Logic...

I definitely agree about feedback loops, and containers/subgrids etc. for organization.

And I too want FX devices (e.g. VSTs) hosted directly in the Grid. The workarounds can get a bit silly. It seems strange that it's easier to route audio through a hardware effect than through software. (In fact I often use the Grid as a simple hardware effect insert.)

Being able to host Modulators internally in the grid would be nice too. While many modulators have grid module equivalents (or better), some don't (like MIDI CC for instance). Using a Value module and assigning a modulator to the knob is a little awkward and indirect, outside the normal flow of modular patching. It's a very minor issue though.

foosnark wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:05 pm Being able to host Modulators internally in the grid would be nice too.
Agree. I spent a while looking for a Mod Wheel input, only to realize there isn't one.

Also missing is the release velocity module inside the Grid.
On the other hand the workaround is using a modulator outside of the Grid device which can modulate any parameter inside the Grid...
But if you need to adapt the curve of your control, it needs to be inside! (Or becomes a complicated mess...)

Return to “Bitwig”