BitWig BUG? or is it a BUG With the VST from IL?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Is this a bug with the VSTs or BitWig?

Video of it here:
https://youtu.be/IlOs-A7W7s4

Details:
1. I've put 3 VSTs into BitWig, Harmor & Sytrus (twice).
2. Selected a preset (named the channel the preset as FL VSTs never remember after reload).
3. Put some notes in each layer (test stuff).
4. Save.
5. Close BitWig & re-open file.
6. Press play, note that both Sytrus VSTs are now 50% or less volume than they were before closing BitWig and re-loading the project.

NOTE: The Harmor VST from IL is the correct volume, this makes me think it's the Sytrus VST from IL?

Spooky action at a distance:
If you open either of the Sytrus VSTs and re-select the preset that was used, the volume will be restored???

A bug for Image-Line to fix or BitWig?

What's your thoughts?

Thanks

D
Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

ADDITIONAL BUG DETAILS
I've narrowed the bug down a bit. I tried to replicate the bug again this morning in Ableton Live Lite and BitWig and had no luck then realised it may be something in the workflow. Which is:

1. Open FLStudio
2. Open track with piano roll I want to export to midi
3. Remove all instruments in rack bar the one with the pattern I want
4. Macros -> Prep for midi
5. Export

6. BitWig: Drag drop into Cytrus VST in BitWig and it will glitch and then the volume is lost till I re-select the preset again. This will happen on reload and I will have to select the VST presets again (WARNING: Cytrus does not remember or tell you the preset selected after project reload).

6. Ableton Live Lite: Added Cytrus VST, choose a preset and drag n dropped the midi file to the layer, no bugs, no issues.

NOTE: Using Harmor & Kontakt instead of Cytrus
I've tested this process in BitWig with IL Harmor VST and Kontakt VST and it works fine.

NOTE: Odd behaviour after bug
Once the bug has been introduced, the volume on the VST can be restored by re-selecting the preset. However there is another issue created that saving the project and then re-loading the project often results in the Cytrus VST not loading in the correct preset (I think it goes to the default) but also volume is glitched again till you select the preset you want.

Video of the issue can be found at:
https://youtu.be/FzrsgtSRjXM

Midi file can be found at:
http://aftc.io/share/0-Test3.mid

So who to tell? Who's issue is it? Everyones?
Not sure which is the cause of the bug but I suspect it could be multiple? Is it FLStudio for exporting a bad midi file? Is it BitWig for importing bad midi data and pushing bad data to the VST? Or is it the ImageLine Cytrus VST for bugging out with whatever BitWig is feeding it from that Midi file?

I tried to reproduce you problem but Sytrus was loading with the same presets and the same volume here in both 2.5 and 2.5.1RC5.
But after some further testing Sytrus started glitching when loading the project or it did not produce any sound. Not even after selecting another preset. Other times the volume was OK but the preset was lost.
Also the plugin crashed often in those cases. I couldn't even close the project once because the Sytrus window wouldn't close.
It's a variety of problems. Once the problems start they will continue. Only a new project makes things working like they should.
I don't know what is triggering the problem and I'm not sure whether it's a BitWig or a Sytrus problem.

What version of Bitwig are you using?

If you haven't already done, send an email to support@bitwig.com so they can take a look at it. You can add my findings to it.

Rivanni wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:09 pm What version of Bitwig are you using?

Thanks for giving it a try, I will give support an email on both image-line & bitwig.

D

UPDATE:
I've had a reply from BitWig support, in short it's an issue with the Sytrus VST, over to image-line.
Last edited by MegaPixel on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, all the Image-Line VST plugins are... iffy. They’re iffy inside of Ableton Live too.

ghkjjhvbhkjlkhj
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

BitWig support told me it's the sytrus vst that's having the problems. You can use FL Studio (multi) VSTI which loads up FLStudio and you can use Sytrus inside that.

As for it bugging out in other DAWs I've heard people complain about it in cubase also, so my guess is that it probably will.

c fgyjkhjghjulkkkkk
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

I got image line support to pick up the issue, but they said maybe in 6 months or longer till they give it a look...

Give VPS Avenger a look, you might like that.

But ye, it sucks as it's 1 of the best vst's image line have and it bugs out all the time.

Return to “Bitwig”