Make a Bitwig VSTi

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i realy like bitwig but i almost never use it anymore. the reason is it falls short when comes time to record vocals and guitars. no multi takes, no tuning, no comping....

it would be a good idea for the developer to make a vsti version of bitwig that we could run from within cubase, logic, ...

mulab, mpc, geist, fl studio and others are already doing this. so i could create my project structure in bitwig and easily switch to studio one for the audio recording.

Funny you should say, because I came from the other direction, roughly speaking. I ditched Maschine and bought Bitwig.
True about some traditional DAW features, but the advantages outweigh the shortcomings--then and now, at least for me.

Judging by the direction of development of the program, interaction with other DAW is not considered by the manufacturer, not only as a priority task, but also as a necessity in general. Therefore, it is unlikely in the near (and not so) future, we can count on adding such functions.
Although, for users familiar with the workflow in the "linear" DAW, adding such a powerful "virtual tool" in the form of Bitwig would be very relevant. But, as it seems to me, this is not the goal of its developers.

Oh, thanks for the helpful info. Yes, I know about this way of interaction. Indeed, with great need, it is applicable for a sufficiently experienced user to solve such problems.
But I was not talking about workarounds for organizing such interaction, with the obligatory use of third-party applications and the confusing system of their settings, but about supporting such interaction at the level of the DAW itself, in order to free up user time to solve creative rather than technical problems.

tubular2000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 pmi realy like bitwig but i almost never use it anymore. the reason is it falls short when comes time to record vocals and guitars. no multi takes, no tuning, no comping....
There's a pretty good (acceptable?) workaround for multi-takes & comping using the Clip Launcher, post-recording actions and multi-lane editing.

I really have to get to recording that video :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I have to admit that recording a synth line/loop with Reason was pure joy and pleasure compared with Bitwig.. Same goes with electric guitar. Or actually with anything when you record sound :lol:

Rather than making it a vst I'd really rather them to put the energy into nailing your 3 desired items themselves, ie multitakes, tuning & comping.

Those & better groove quantise options would make BW complete for me.

Best
Dale

Dmitry Petrenko wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:30 am Judging by the direction of development of the program, interaction with other DAW is not considered by the manufacturer
Putting in JACK and Link support is already more than no consideration on that matter. But yes, I doubt they'll prioritize going any further for now. More chance that they'll try to make it more feature complete for users

askewd wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:44 am Rather than making it a vst I'd really rather them to put the energy into nailing your 3 desired items themselves, ie multitakes, tuning & comping.
that would be awsome and would pull me back for sure. but with bitwig 3 not even out and being mostly about the grid, i doubt i will see these feature for at least 2 years.

what more, i would prefer that the dev team use their energy to develop what makes bitwig unique instead of duplicating what i can easily do in studio one, logic or cubase. a vst would be the best. at least for me!

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 am
tubular2000 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 pmi realy like bitwig but i almost never use it anymore. the reason is it falls short when comes time to record vocals and guitars. no multi takes, no tuning, no comping....
There's a pretty good (acceptable?) workaround for multi-takes & comping using the Clip Launcher, post-recording actions and multi-lane editing.
a workaround is good for once in a while things, but if you record vocals in every projects, it has to be more then that in my opinion. bitwig charges premium daw price, so it should give its own flavor of all the basic stuff you need to produce a song

tubular2000 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:47 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 am
a workaround is good for once in a while things, but if you record vocals in every projects, it has to be more then that in my opinion. bitwig charges premium daw price, so it should give its own flavor of all the basic stuff you need to produce a song
It "charges a premium price" for stuff lots of other DAWs don't have, so I'm not sure this argument holds :) Anyway, I know they're working on it and it'll be there sooner or later. Devs just wanted to start with features that make Bitwig special, not like any other DAW out there :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Dmitry Petrenko wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:30 am Judging by the direction of development of the program, interaction with other DAW is not considered by the manufacturer, not only as a priority task, but also as a necessity in general
I also wanted to ask for a rewire feature but the FAQ actually states that Bitwig isn't going in that direction.
I learnt that sometimes when you decide on the DAW you want to use, you must not only consider the features of the software itself, but also the vision of the developers.

It's just like all the people complaining about the yearly update price, it wouldn't be a problem if you consider it before getting the DAW.

Anyways, rewire isn't that important.... comping though; that's one of the few things that should be on the the to-do list
one day I was walking on the street and someone saw me, he said "hey man" and I don't remember why I'm telling you this.

BURN-ADDiCT wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:58 pm I also wanted to ask for a rewire feature but the FAQ actually states that Bitwig isn't going in that direction.
I learnt that sometimes when you decide on the DAW you want to use, you must not only consider the features of the software itself, but also the vision of the developers.

It's just like all the people complaining about the yearly update price, it wouldn't be a problem if you consider it before getting the DAW.

Anyways, rewire isn't that important.... comping though; that's one of the few things that should be on the the to-do list
I have no problems with the pricing assessment and do not participate in the discussion of this position. :) I think this is entirely the prerogative of the manufacturer. Also, only a user can make a purchase decision.
To avoid misunderstanding, I personally am generally satisfied with the existing capabilities of the program. And the choice of Bitwig I made consciously. What does not bother me, like hundreds of other users, is desiring the best for this undoubtedly wonderful program. It is possible that something from the discussion here and at the official forum will be taken by the manufacturer for further implementation.
Unfortunately, we are not wizards and not predictors, and we can draw conclusions about the direction of development of the program only on the basis of available official information from the manufacturer and analysis of the practical implementation of the functionality in the next updates. All peace and creative success!

I hope the Bitwig Elves make a VST plugin that enables routing and sync between Bitwig and any DAW. That would solve the Rewire issue and should be fairly low maintenance.

Return to “Bitwig”